• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Social Care tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously I get your point regarding the housing market being the country's unhealthy national obsession, but I'm just pointing to the fact that students are awash with funds if they want them, that they can translate into something better than a night at the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
      Obviously I get your point regarding the housing market being the country's unhealthy national obsession, but I'm just pointing to the fact that students are awash with funds if they want them, that they can translate into something better than a night at the pub.
      I personally know a youngish couple that inherited a house from boomer parents, so what did they do? Did they move in and live for free?

No, they wanted two new "his and her Audis", some holidays in Australia and Disneyland, a 90 inch HDTV to show off to their friends, new iPhones and iPads, etc.

So they sold it under market value to a "We Buy any House" company and now rent it back from them, effectively being rent slaves forever.

The @rsebook generation.

Comment

Social Care tax

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I personally know a youngish couple that inherited a house from boomer parents, so what did they do? Did they move in and live for free?

No, they wanted two new "his and her Audis", some holidays in Australia and Disneyland, a 90 inch HDTV to show off to their friends, new iPhones and iPads, etc.

So they sold it under market value to a "We Buy any House" company and now rent it back from them, effectively being rent slaves forever.

The @rsebook generation.
        Another pearl of wisdom from Mr Plutocrat.

Still waiting to learn the price of Chateaux Boomer...
        Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 2 August 2015, 19:14.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

The @rsebook generation.
          Mugs.

The TV should have been UHD OLED.

Comment

Working...
          X