• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Social Care tax

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Social Care tax"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I personally know a youngish couple that inherited a house from boomer parents, so what did they do? Did they move in and live for free?

No, they wanted two new "his and her Audis", some holidays in Australia and Disneyland, a 90 inch HDTV to show off to their friends, new iPhones and iPads, etc.

So they sold it under market value to a "We Buy any House" company and now rent it back from them, effectively being rent slaves forever.

The @rsebook generation.
    Mugs.

The TV should have been UHD OLED.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Social Care tax

I personally know a youngish couple that inherited a house from boomer parents, so what did they do? Did they move in and live for free?

No, they wanted two new "his and her Audis", some holidays in Australia and Disneyland, a 90 inch HDTV to show off to their friends, new iPhones and iPads, etc.

So they sold it under market value to a "We Buy any House" company and now rent it back from them, effectively being rent slaves forever.

The @rsebook generation.
    Another pearl of wisdom from Mr Plutocrat.

Still waiting to learn the price of Chateaux Boomer...
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 2 August 2015, 19:14.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Obviously I get your point regarding the housing market being the country's unhealthy national obsession, but I'm just pointing to the fact that students are awash with funds if they want them, that they can translate into something better than a night at the pub.

The @rsebook generation.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Obviously I get your point regarding the housing market being the country's unhealthy national obsession, but I'm just pointing to the fact that students are awash with funds if they want them, that they can translate into something better than a night at the pub.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I think this person is just particularly bright and financially astute.
    "He bought a repossessed three-bed terraced house on his street for £62,500"

It's a tuliphole end of the market. Might be enough for his aspirations, I am not a Cambridge graduate, so who am I to judge?

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's like monopoly innit? Free money given by banks, no questions asked if you use them to buy real estate.

Money money money!

Students of any shade are some of the biggest recipients of it. I think this person is just particularly bright and financially astute. Most piss it away on boozing, whether or not they had a helping dad from mummy and daddy.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Cambridge graduate...
    Sign of times.

In the glorious past of the Empire such graduates would push world science forward, invent new great things... why bother when you can just buy whole street as B2L?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Something for you to aspire to when you grow up.

'I own most of my street’ – buy-to-let investor, 26 - Telegraph
    "He spent around £8,000 completely refurbishing the property, most of which came from a small inheritance."

Never had inheritance. What's that then?

Cambridge graduate...

Thanks for that Daddy Plutocrat [emoji102]

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It's like monopoly innit? Free money given by banks, no questions asked if you use them to buy real estate.

Money money money!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Something for you to aspire to when you grow up.

'I own most of my street’ – buy-to-let investor, 26 - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Monthly mortgage payments are rock bottom. It's never been cheaper to buy property as percentage of income. ZIRP means free money for everyone.
    There is a difference between cheap and value.

http://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C569154

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    That's true for BTL landlords. I was talking about high housing costs for the general populous.
    Monthly mortgage payments are rock bottom. It's never been cheaper to buy property as percentage of income. ZIRP means free money for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    I'm not. Rental yields are pretty paltry compared to other investments a landlord can pour into. What makes them attractive is how much leverage you can acquire, particularly in an environment of appreciating house prices, which is driven by the factors I mentioned, plus increasing demand for housing.
    That's true for BTL landlords. I was talking about high housing costs for the general populous.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Property Magic 5th Edition - How to Buy Property Using Other People's Time, Money and Experience: Amazon.co.uk: Simon Zutshi: 9781784520731: Books

You can help motivated sellers by buying their homes on the cheap and renting them to generation Facebook at huge profit.

Highly recommend it.

Leave a comment:

• Danglekt
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    The "boomers" already pay more, and they whinge a lot less. After working for most of their lives they have amassed some wealth. That is how it is meant to work.
    You facebook generationers need to get some time in the workplace and stop your endless envious bleating. Nobody gives a sh*t!
    Yeah...OK...

As has been said - on a plate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X