• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wifi at Gatwick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Not just me then!
    No, it's god awful and it's not just the Wifi, always massive queues on security and there are like 5 e-passport gates on the North terminal, the point of having a machine instead of a human is that you can have loads of them at little running cost and no working hours constrains. 4 out of 5 times there are no pushchairs when you leave the plane so you have to carry your baby/kid for miles until you reach baggage reclaim.

Comment

A bit like MS Windows used to be during installation. Have a problem and it tells you to go and find the solution on their website...how?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I frequently fly out of Gatwick and frequently use their WIFI without let or hindrance.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          A bit like MS Windows used to be during installation. Have a problem and it tells you to go and find the solution on their website...how?
          Last time I installed Windows, a blessedly long time ago, I simultaneously installed Linux on another machine. One of the installations was up and running fast enough to let me connect to the net to debug the other.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Last time I installed Windows, a blessedly long time ago, I simultaneously installed Linux on another machine. One of the installations was up and running fast enough to let me connect to the net to debug the other.
            how did you find using http://linuxproblems.com/ ?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              No, it's god awful and it's not just the Wifi, always massive queues on security...
              Just as we got to security yesterday, they started two new channels, so my wife and I just breezed through with no queueing.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                how did you find using http://linuxproblems.com/ ?
                Joke of the day!

Edit: OK I admit it, the Windows was Windows ME. And nothing is harder to get up and working than that, as the bishop said to the actress (or was that the other way round?)

Comment

Get a network snooper that identifies the MAC address of things that are connected to the wifi. Then spoof your MAC address to match theirs.

Kicks them off the network, connects you instead.

Simple, effective and free. But I'd never recommend such a thing, you understand.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Just as we got to security yesterday, they started two new channels, so my wife and I just breezed through with no queueing.
                    They always start a new channel for me even if it's not that busy.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X