• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OSX 10 - who dares?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    What's a decent visio replacement?
    OmniGraffle (thanks to Cojak for that tip)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Fusion Pro can do a basic vsphere...
      Oooooooh nice to know

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        OmniGraffle (thanks to Cojak for that tip)
        Hate to say it, but not ever having had to do diagrams and being a Machead, I tried Omnigraffle and found it useless whereas the same with Visio I was banging out pointless network/DR/Environment designs for management in no time.

One up for MS...

Comment

Hate to say it, but not ever having had to do diagrams and being a Machead, I tried Omnigraffle and found it useless whereas the same with Visio I was banging out pointless network/DR/Environment designs for management in no time.

One up for MS...
          +1. Omnigraffle compares fine against Visio 2007 against Visio 2013 it has an awful lot to improve... I did fear that it would be the recommendation
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I got 10.11 on my MacBook - El Capitan!!

Looks just the same to me....
            this.

Also have 'ios 9 beta 2' on main phone and house ipad and no issues there.
            Last edited by chef; 23 July 2015, 08:05.
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I don't meet the minimum requirements of being a w****r

I do try though
              Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                What's a decent visio replacement?
                Lucid Chart is worth a look. Free version limits the number of objects you can use but is enough to decide if it's what you need.

Monthly or annual subscription model. Works out at around £4 a month. Plenty of storage in the cloud.

Saying that, I dont do hugely copmplex diagrams, just soem basic flow charts and architecture diagrams but it works nicely for me.

Paid for itself in the first document I produced with it.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I got 10.11 on my MacBook - El Capitan!!

Looks just the same to me....
                  I am part of the Beta programme, but seem to just keep getting updates for 10.10 (10.10.5 IIRC being the latest), did you have to Opt in again for 10.11?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Not sure what all these M$ people are complaining about, OSX 10 just works each and every time, same as every OS update for Mac
                    I found it a bit of pain to upgrade my 2009 mbp - i could not install it without putting in my credit card details.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      I found it a bit of pain to upgrade my 2009 mbp - i could not install it without putting in my credit card details.
                      What did you come from? I think OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) was a £20 upgrade

Comment

Working...
                      X