• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That makes my stomach turn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or these mad bastards, sunbathing right next to a 2000 foot sheer drop (with a large crack in it)

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Nope nope nope nope nope.

I went up to the top of the tower in Toronto and part of it has a glass floor. I managed to walk onto it without really paying attention and then looked down. Feet did not want to move.
      You'd love this then:

We went, and it was pretty cool but I had to force my feet onto the glass to start with. Once we got on, it was OK.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

just google some of James Kingstons 'selfies'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

just google some of James Kingstons 'selfies'
          Darwin Award in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Practice.

I knew a person who was afraid of heights. He forced himself to become a tower block window cleaner to beat his phobia!
            It's all about convincing the cave man that still lives in your hind brain that it really is ok to be up that high, and that you are not going to die anytime soon.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I guess the most dangerous bit of that cliff sitting nonsense comes when you manoeuvre your body into/out of that position.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                I guess the most dangerous bit of that cliff sitting nonsense comes when you manoeuvre your body into/out of that position.
                It's not really dangerous though. I'm sitting in an office chair right now, but I'm not likely to fall out of it. Nor am I likely to fall over when getting up or sitting down. The proximity of a deadly drop doesn't make those things more likely; probably less likely in fact, so really it's not dangerous in any way.

But then you wouldn't catch me anywhere near a cliff edge, or on a crane, or on that Grand Canyon walkway.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  It's not really dangerous though. I'm sitting in an office chair right now, ...
                  Yes, but your office chair probably isn't made of crumbly chalk, or covered in a slippery grass and loose tufts of turf.

Also when you get up, you're unlikely to be startled by a noisy seagull wheeling close by, or unbalanced by a sudden unexpected breeze.

Face it, anyone who sits over a 300 foot cliff edge is bonkers and asking for trouble.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I am scared of heights but managed to do one of those Go Ape things. You just have to force yourself to be rational and just ignore the feeling of terror!
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Probably cannot see it from this picture but thus building is a bit scary

Comment

Working...
                      X