• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot no Ashes thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    A great day for WFH - 5LiveSX, BBC feed, ECB feed and an Aussie journo providing facebook updates.
    I was WFH because of the underground strike, so I watched it all live on Sky.

So I say hooray for the unions.

Comment

You can minimise an IE window, open a page e.g. betfred.com

$ sed -i 's/bet/sports/g'

Jabber headset on.

Happy days.
      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
        You can minimise an IE window, open a page e.g. betfred.com

$ sed -i 's/bet/sports/g'

Jabber headset on.

Happy days.
        Eh?

Comment

Sorry it's SED syntax.

If you did a search and replace of those two words, into an address bar, you can have a relaxing afternoon.
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Sorry it's SED syntax.

If you did a search and replace of those two words, into an address bar, you can have a relaxing afternoon.
            But that would replace every instance of 'bet' with 'sport' in nothing. Doesn't make any sense....

Comment

INSERT INTO #BROWSER_ADDRESS_BAR(WebAddress)
              SELECT REVERSE('moc.derfstrops.www')
              GO

Comment

why not just go www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/32809888 ?

Might be a bit of a complex way of keeping up to date on the proceedings, but it works.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

BBC doesn't stream it live. Personally I think any sporting event of national importance should always be "free to air".

Comment

BBC doesn't stream it live. Personally I think any sporting event of national importance should always be "free to air".
                    I agree on the free to air bit, but when you're working it's easier just to read good text.
                    Alternatively, listen on 5Live SX. No pictures, which means you have to rely on good commentary, something that you don't get as much with TV.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oz collapsing again.

136-4.

Comment

Working...
                      X