• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some feggin sense, at last!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Maybe so, but the lane hogger is already breaking the law by hogging lane two, and I could argue he failed to Mirror-Signal-Manouvre back in to lane 1.
    By law you don't have to signal to move back to the left lane, although it is considered good practice if the road is busy.
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
      But, if you do undertake and he then moves across and causes a crash, you are to blame in the eyes of the law.
      It'd be interesting to know how true that is. The onus should be on the person making a manoeuvre (i.e. changing lanes) to make sure it's clear; somebody "undertaking" you isn't the only reason there might be someone on your left. It happens all the time when the traffic slows down. And of course overtaking on the left is perfectly legal in "traffic queues".
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I loathe all the bloody 4x4 drivers who go on/over the line on narrow country lanes round here 'cos they don't want to scratch their bodywork on the hedges and expect everybody else to.

PS Loathe slow drivers, lorries, buses, pedestrians, bikes.... everybody really. Why don't you all get the f* off MY roads??? If I was dictator I'd put 99% of the population in extermination camps.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I loathe all the bloody 4x4 drivers who go on/over the line on narrow country lanes round here 'cos they don't want to scratch their bodywork on the hedges and expect everybody else to.

PS Loathe slow drivers, lorries, buses, pedestrians, bikes.... everybody really. Why don't you all get the f* off MY roads??? If I was dictator I'd put 99% of the population in extermination camps.
          If you stopped driving then you would be happy.

Comment

I loathe all the bloody 4x4 drivers
            I drive an 18 year old Japanese 4x4 that's full of scratches, and never been cleaned since the day I bought it. It cost me £3500 6 years ago, and it's worth the same now.

The point is, you can't lump everyone who's vehicles drive train has the ability to drive all four wheels at once, into the same category. I think you're referring to BMW X5/Audi Q7 drivers, but they're tw@ts by definition, since they drive BMW X5s and Audi Q7s.
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

If you stopped driving then you would be happy
              No I wouldn't, everything annoys me.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                I wonder how many people are prosecuted for overtaking middle laners on the left?
                Something I discussed with a motorway patrol cop about a year ago.

The Highway Code is very clear. You stay in the inside lane unless pulling out to overtake a slower vehicle.

Lane 1 is clear. I'm doing 70 with cruise control set. There is a feckwit doing 60 in lane 3 (of 4). There is no slower vehicle in my lane to overtake, so I carry on, past the moving hazard in lane 3. I have committed no offence.

Undertaking occurs when you deliberately move to an inside lane to overtake.

Comment

I want the police to clamp down hard on speeding drivers, slow drivers, middle lane hoggers, people who change lanes constantly, dangerous undertakers, persistant overtakers, tailgaters, people who leave massive gaps, people who slam on their brakes, people accelerate too rapidly and people who accelerate way too slowly.

If we could at least target these people in the first instance, I'd be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
                    Something I discussed with a motorway patrol cop about a year ago.

The Highway Code is very clear. You stay in the inside lane unless pulling out to overtake a slower vehicle.

Lane 1 is clear. I'm doing 70 with cruise control set. There is a feckwit doing 60 in lane 3 (of 4). There is no slower vehicle in my lane to overtake, so I carry on, past the moving hazard in lane 3. I have committed no offence.

Undertaking occurs when you deliberately move to an inside lane to overtake.
                    Weird. Section 267 of the Highway Code says "overtake only on the right".

Comment

During the winter I was driving up a hill with ice and snow on the road. 4x4 comes over the brow and instead of stopping drives down in the middle of the road causing me to drive off in to a ditch.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X