• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some feggin sense, at last!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car A is driving down a street. They run over a cyclist and kill them. Its the car driver's fault. Do they get
    A CBE and free lunch at Mc Donalds for a year.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I suspect undertaking is actually legal. The rules in the Highway Code are only law if they have the words ‘must’ or ‘must not' then they also include references to the corresponding legislation. So looking at rule 268, it doesn't have these words or the corresponding legislation:

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.
      Whereas rule 269 does:

Hard shoulder. You MUST NOT use the hard shoulder for overtaking. In areas where an Active Traffic Management (ATM) Scheme is in force, the hard shoulder may be used as a running lane. You will know when you can use this because a speed limit sign will be shown above all open lanes, including the hard shoulder. A red cross or blank sign above the hard shoulder means that you MUST NOT drive on the hard shoulder except in an emergency or breakdown. Emergency refuge areas have also been built into these areas for use in cases of emergency or breakdown.
      Laws MT(E&W)R regs 5, 5A & 9, MT(S)R regs 4 & 8
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

As happens to me recently car a is the the outside lane doing 80, crests a hill and there is an armchair in the middle of the lane. Ends up driving along the gravel in the central reservation while nearly needing fresh pants.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
          As happens to me recently car a is the the outside lane doing 80, crests a hill and there is an armchair in the middle of the lane. Ends up driving along the gravel in the central reservation while nearly needing fresh pants.
          did you pick it up for AtW?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X