• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody neighbour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody neighbour

Long story short, woman who lives next door moved out. House was empty for a year, then moved her heavily mentally disabled brother in.

He now lives their alone with his stupid yappy dog.

He is an utter pain in the arse. They have a metal spiral staircase and he bangs up and down it the noise vibrating through our house, waking the baby up every time.

He has an industrial spec petrol strimmer which he uses to strim his 1m squared patch of lawn every day, sometimes twice a day. But somehow requires a cleaning woman to hoover??

The dog is locked out for hours on end barking at all times of the day and night and happily tries to bite mine and the other neighbours dogs under the fence.

He also enjoys standing in his bedroom window (which overlooks our garden) in his pants watching us, or goes to the top of his garden to have a nose through our bedroom window. Leading to me putting up a fence well over the legal max (currently about 12 foot, but this is still too low due to the slope of the gardens)

He has also been 'renovating' his house and garden for about 18 months now.

The parents pick him up every night for tea, then drop him off at 9. The same every night, door slams,let the dog out, dog starts barking, bangs up the stairs and wakes up our 10 month old.

Anyone had anything similar?

I'm wondering if there is anyone we can contact (council, social services ect)? As not only is he being a bloody nuisance, I have seen him fall while using his petrol strimmer and one day he is doing to seriously damage himself.

As he lives alone it is impossible to talk to him as if you knock the door to get him to turn down the music he likes to put on single track repeat for hours ( you'll never walk alone
    , so he is a bloody Liverpool fan too!) he turns the lights off and hides.

Short of arranging some sort of 'accident' I am seriously at my wits end with this.

Polite word with the parents? Remember it's tough on them though, and they've probably had years of intolerant people complaining, so do it sympathetically and ask if there's anything they can suggest.

Comment

What MS said first. If that gets no where then its

https://www.gov.uk/report-noise-pollution-to-council leading eventually to court and an ASBO....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Remember to put a mask on next time you knock on his front door, in fact anyone who has trouble with neighbours, get a scary mask and bang on their window...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I didn't know Suity had moved....

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
            , so he is a bloody Liverpool fan too
            I had my sympathy for him till I read this.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Polite word with the parents? Remember it's tough on them though, and they've probably had years of intolerant people complaining, so do it sympathetically and ask if there's anything they can suggest.
              That would be my first port of call but they literally drop him on the street and pick him up on the street, which is hidden by my hedge, they pretty much never come to the house when I'm there.

They go out of their way to avoid us and the other neighbours. Maybe I need to wait outside at 9 and catch them at drop off.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Remember to put a mask on next time you knock on his front door, in fact anyone who has trouble with neighbours, get a scary mask and bang on their window...

That might be the best idea yet!

Comment

How about some piped noises from your house to his. Perhaps whispering his name, throwing your voice his when he's around

Dave, oh dave!
                  Daaaaaveeee I can see you, we can all see you!!
                  Dave! DAVE! In the bathroom, we can see you!
                  Dave! DAVE! When you're sleeping, we're watching you!!
                  We can hear you breathe!......
                  Kill your dog Dave, Dave! He's watching you!

Social services will do the rest
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Serious note the guy isn't a physical risk to your child so the authorities will do SFA. As he is considered a "vulnerable person" they will turn a blind eye to his activities. (I've dealt with that.)

Therefore you need to think of activities which you can suggest to his parents which will limit his behaviour.

For example saying the dog sounds distressed in the garden and should be taken for a 3 hour walk everyday like a good dog owner (hopefully the guy has a concept of time or can understand a watch) will likely work better, than simply saying stop the damn dog barking.

If he does take the dog on long walks both he and the dog will be tired and less annoying. If that doesn't work kidnap and dump the nasty thing, making sure it looks like it escaped through the fence. (OK didn't do that a neighbour's dog but looking tearful about the "distressed" dog being left alone worked, and the dog actually now likes me.)

Likewise getting him to grow plants even if he kills them, and saying his garden is "wonderful" etc and you like what he has done when you see him to stop him strimming will be more constructive than telling him to stop strimming straight. Or work out what manual gardening tool is quite cool to use which he can injury himself with and buy it for him as a present.....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X