• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has contracting made you lose perspective on money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Are we seriously doin' this? A thread where we bragg about our material possessions and bank accounts ? Really ?

Would you describe yourself as being "considerably richer" than your brother-in-law ?
    You'll find it was MF that turned it into a bragging tread, and we all know he is a fantasist anyway
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      Working very late one night in the city, I had to spend £11.50 on a gourmet burger. Took me months to get over it.
      Was it up you arse ?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        You'll find it was MF that turned it into a bragging tread, and we all know he is a fantasist anyway
        Hang on. Up yours you moronic gobtulipe. You started this thread, banging on about showing off to the school run mums about how much you earn.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Actually, while we're at it, I also have more marbles.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Hang on. Up yours you moronic gobtulipe. You started this thread, banging on about showing off to the school run mums about how much you earn.
            And what point did I say I was showing off?

In fact have a trawl through all my posts and you'll see I never give figures as to what I earn as a daily rate, what I have in savings, what my mortgage is, how much my car is worth. Only thing I talk about is my pension but again no specific amounts are ever given.

Unlike you dumbass, I listen a lot more than I talk, its something you should consider doing yourself!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I don't think I've lost perspective on money as a contractor, I'm the same stingy Yorkshireman I've always been!

Comment

Did the school run this morning, stayed and chatted with a few of the yummy mummy's and one got a phone call from her partner, seems it was pay day and they were excited as this months wages were a little higher than they expected, due to her having no boundaries it came out quite quickly how much was in, and I worked out the total was less than two days billing, not quite sure what the extra was but would have probably been an hours work.

I am now sat here in a huff that I am getting an extra 4 days billing because ClientCo wants me to start Tuesday rather than a week later.

Now when it comes to the kids, they don't see that I earn all this money, they know they have everything the need, but not everything they want, so I try to install the value of things on them at an early age, I don't flash the cash around, my car is getting more and more battered, I give to charity where I can, I don't have designer clothes (although gadgets are another thing), if there is something I want I go and buy it without questioning the price, I treat myself to nice meals and good wine.

But do I truly appreciate how lucky were are as contractors?
                Look at me, fawn.
                Yummy mummies, fawn.
                They don't earn much, look down
                Give to charity, fawn
                Gadgets, fawn
                Extra days, banana
                Buy what I want,gush
                I didn't start this, lie.

Comment

Hang bags at the ready ladies

Comment

Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
                    Hang bags at the ready ladies
                    1) It's handbags.
                    2) There's a smiley for it
                    3) Your comment is sexist.

Apart from that, carry on as you were

(Waits for SpontaneousOrder to appear to wonder how on earth the comment could be construed as sexist.)

Comment

You are right I withdraw my comment

Comment

Working...
                      X