• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has contracting made you lose perspective on money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you want to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Kum8OUTuk

Comment

Brag away, everyone is here because they took the risks the permie sat next to you didn't. There is nothing wrong with being proud of yourself.

My sister in law constantly moans about how lucky we are. No love it's not luck it's many years of graft finally paying off while you chose to pop kids out and live off the state.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
        Brag away, everyone is here because they took the risks the permie sat next to you didn't. There is nothing wrong with being proud of yourself.

My sister in law constantly moans about how lucky we are. No love it's not luck it's many years of graft finally paying off while you chose to pop kids out and live off the state.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSNNav2eYwk
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I will never consider myself truely rich until I can afford not to have to go to work and still live a good standard of living.

You are kidding yourselves otherwise.

Buying some tat like an iPad and thinking nothing of it just makes you an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I will never consider myself truely rich until I can afford not to have to go to work and still live a good standard of living.

You are kidding yourselves otherwise.

Buying some tat like an iPad and thinking nothing of it just makes you an idiot.
            Yeah. Make sense. But as it was paid for from interest that week in my savings account I thought I'd treat myself.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ooh you must be so proud.

Comment

In all seriousness it does make you think differently. Last month we needed to change my mrs car. Just went and bought one without even really thinking about it. Last time we did that it was long drawn out discussions with the bank and finally after many rejections getting my parents to take out a loan for us. When I was a permie.

This month we need new carpets downstairs again just ordered them 1.5k all in. Next month I gotta pay off the holiday and so on. I do find not having to 'save up' to buy most things very liberating and weirdly I want less stuff the more I earn.

Comment

The more I earn, the fairer I find life

I'm thinking of selling the RR and getting myself either a Tesla or an Italian supercar. If I earn and save more through contracting and plan B by end of this year, I might also buy a holiday home in Italy.

PS - WGAS

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
                    My friends constantly moans about how lucky we are. No love it's not luck it's many years of graft finally paying off while you chose to pop kids out and live off the state.
                    This...

Our friends with 2-3 kids always say how lucky we are, how expensive kids are etc etc. Well my friends, stop breeding; the world is full enough and if you want more disposable income then use a happy hat next time
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

You are subbies, not j p getty

Comment

Working...
                      X