• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 white males arrested

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The point being made is that is precisely how they don't describe them if they are other than white.

I can understand the reasons behind not mentioning ethnicity in some cases but you can't have it both ways.
    Yes they do.

From this story:
    Beeston rape police release e-fit of suspect - BBC News
    Police said the suspect was of Pakistani or Middle Eastern origin, in his early 20s with receding black hair.
    And this Story:
    Look: Manhunt for tattooed suspected Birmingham rapist from Handsworth - Birmingham Mail
    Haylette is described as black, approximately 5ft 6 tall with a bald head and muscular build.
    At the time of the incident he is thought to have had a small goatee beard and a gold top tooth.
    He also has a tattoo on his chest which says ‘fearless’ and is thought to have links to the Handsworth area of Birmingham.
    And this one:
    Police release E-fit of man wanted in connection with sexual assault in Queen Square Bristol | Bristol Post
    European male with short brown hair 5ft 10ins, stocky build, clean shaven, wearing a white shirt black trousers and black shoes in his late 30s.
    Although the last one does put the age at the end.

As I said, it's a standard format for describing a suspect so that relevent information can be distributed to officers. Ethniciy is not used to discriminate, is is a fundemental part of the physical description of the person they are looking for.

Whether the media include this verbatim, or edit it is a different issue.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Old gits!
      "Experienced and mature", as I'm sure quite a few contractors would describe themselves .. perm seems to be stocked with young un's (average age in 2015 = 28, Stack Overflow Developer Survey 2015), the contracting lark seems to be have a 'much more experienced' brigade (average age in 2015 = 40+ ?)

76 does seem exceptionally mature to be safe crackin' though. Should ideally be takin' in the rays from ill gotten gains (Ray Winstone 'Sexy Beast' style) well before that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps2WwRjvQkY

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Yes they do.
        As I said, it's a standard format for describing a suspect so that relevent information can be distributed to officers. Ethniciy is not used to discriminate, is is a fundemental part of the physical description of the person they are looking for.

Whether the media include this verbatim, or edit it is a different issue.
        I stand corrected, it was just the first time I had heard it for a long while apart from Rotherham (which upset my Sikh friend who was horrified that they were described as just Asian).
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X