• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to find out if you are fat.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find out if you are fat.

Doctors say if you want to know if you are too fat all you need is STRING | Daily Mail Online

A new study has revealed that measuring your height with a piece of string, folding it in half and then seeing if you can easily get it round your waist may be a better way to find out if you are an unhealthy size.

MF - I know you did not fold the piece of string in half. Either way it does not go round your waist...

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Doctors say if you want to know if you are too fat all you need is STRING | Daily Mail Online

A new study has revealed that measuring your height with a piece of string, folding it in half and then seeing if you can easily get it round your waist may be a better way to find out if you are an unhealthy size.

MF - I know you did not fold the piece of string in half. Either way it does not go round your waist...
    How long is a piece of string?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      How long is a piece of string?
      BBC Two - Horizon, 2009-2010, How Long is a Piece of String?

Infinetly long.

HTH

Comment

Alternatively, you probably already know your waist and height, so you could double the former and see if the result is less than the latter. This would save you the trouble of hunting around for the string, eventually finding it in that drawer full of oddments in the kitchen, and then having to disentangle it from an old hairbrush, three plugs, and some parts from a long-broken alarm clock.

Comment

I was feeling quite skinny till the elastic snapped
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Alternatively, you probably already know your waist and height, so you could double the former and see if the result is less than the latter. This would save you the trouble of hunting around for the string, eventually finding it in that drawer full of oddments in the kitchen, and then having to disentangle it from an old hairbrush, three plugs, and some parts from a long-broken alarm clock.
            Wow. I should be 8'4''.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Wow. I should be 8'4''.

Fat bastard

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Hunting for some string will at least give the fatties some much needed exercise.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Hunting for some string will at least give the fatties some much needed exercise.

Comment

If the string disappears when you put it round your middle, you're too fat.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X