• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who on CUK is voting Labour?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Well bully for you. I am sure Philip Green and gary Barlow , HSBC feel the same
    Gary Barlow can feel how he likes, but a judge ruled that "the Icebreaker scheme is, and was known and understood by all concerned to be, a tax avoidance scheme." and HSBC is also in a whole bunch of legal trouble.

As I reiterated - I, on the other hand, am not doing anything that isn't explicitly recommended and endorsed by HMRC.

Comment

Of course there is nothing to be ashamed about. It's your personal obligation to avoid as much tax as you legally can. My issue is with CUKers who think they are morally superior because they are "left wing" whilst dodging as much tax as they can. If you are left wing and a contractor keep your trap shut and coin in as much as you can for yourself and your family otherwise donate more cash to the rapacious state and put your money where your mouth is

Comment

Originally posted by Avalonia View Post
        Of course there is nothing to be ashamed about. It's your personal obligation to avoid as much tax as you legally can. My issue is with CUKers who think they are morally superior because they are "left wing" whilst dodging as much tax as they can. If you are left wing and a contractor keep your trap shut and coin in as much as you can for yourself and your family otherwise donate more cash to the rapacious state and put your money where your mouth is
        I don't think I'm morally superior, but do you really not see the difference between running a Ltd company as intended and running questionable schemes with Swiss bank accounts?

Comment

I'm not a left wing hypocrite. If you are, pay more voluntary tax and NI to the state to fritter as they see fit.

Comment

I'm not a left wing hypocrite. If you are, pay more voluntary tax and NI to the state to fritter as they see fit.
            I presume you're answering "No" to my question, then.

Comment

I presume you are a left wing hypocrite, then

Comment

I presume you are a left wing hypocrite, then
                Left wing, yes - but you've yet to explain how I'm a hypocrite. As I've said before, I pay all tax required by both the spirit and the letter of the law along with most other small business owners.

Mr Barlow, on the other hand, used an illegal scheme to artificially reduce his tax bill.

Your hypocrisy argument is ridiculous. It's like saying because I got a special-offer half price TV from Curries I can't be upset at someone who picked up a half price nicked one from the pub.

Comment

All property is theft.
                  Cough up more voluntary tax and NI to the state, otherwise shut up.
                  Hypocrite.

Comment

All property is theft.
                    Cough up more voluntary tax and NI to the state, otherwise shut up.
                    Hypocrite.
                    Hahahaha, oh right - sorry, I didn't realise we were doing the thing where you decide what I believe before denouncing it?

Stupid prick.

Comment

And you were so calm and rational until then.

Comment

Working...
                      X