• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When your wife wants a divorce, give her everything she wants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    A few points:

1) How many of the 70% divorce initiations are for adultery where the wife has put on 5 stone and lost interest in sex? Or where the wife is suffering from serious mental illness.
    Or where she is just unreasonable.

2) If most men have been responsible and looked after their children finanically why was the CSA invented? I've known loads of tw*ts who try every trick under the sun not to give any money to that 'b*tch'.

You know the 'b*tches' fail to pay maintenance as well and frequently get the house?

3) Between wives I most have 'known' a good half dozen single mums (either divorced or separated) and none as far as I can recall stopped the father seeing the children if they wanted; but quite a few had to lie to their kids about why daddy hadn't turned up and quite a few had irregular maintenance payments whilst trying to keep a roof over the kids head. BTW I only met one of the women's children, the rest were 'buddies'.

Obviously you haven't met some of the harpies here.

In short there is bad people whatever gender. The wide generalisations in this thread are disappointing.
    FTFY

Adultery falls behind bad behaviour as leading grounds for divorce | Money | The Guardian

She said the widely held belief was that divorces were granted because of unreasonable male behaviour, "but there has been a marked shift over the decades, with men now five times more likely than in the 70s to be granted a divorce because of the unreasonable actions of wives".

The study highlighted the 80s – the era known for yuppies – as yielding the most adulterous break-ups – with nearly one in three (29%) of all divorces granted due to cheating on a partner. In the same decade, almost one in five divorces were down to the husband's infidelity.
    The UK's Largest Survey Into Infidelity | YourTango

25.4% of married men and 18.3% of married women and have cheated on their current partners at least once
    so not that far apart.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Of course both sexes can be twats.

I am however very grateful not to have had to watch my son be subject to any potential lack of consistency, or to have needed any money from my ex.

Sometimes not having two parents is for the best, and hopefully he'll not feel it's done him too much harm.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
      X