• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When your wife wants a divorce, give her everything she wants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Fighting over your kids can be very harmful to them. You should be doing what's best for them, not selfishly trying to "win" them.
    So just walk away then?

Although I didn't need to fight, my children stayed with me, I would have if I'd needed to. Also, to use the fact that to fight would line the pockets of lawyers is not a reason, it is an excuse for shirking responsibilities.
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
      To see your children isn't worth fighting over?
      They are probably better off not seeing you if this is your attitude.
      You have to be very tough to fight. You have to go to EXTREMES and be prepared to carry out your threats. I know of a few who have done so. If I posted the stories you would probably condemn them. Being a man with kids - heads you lose, tails she wins...

Comment

So just walk away then?

Although I didn't need to fight, my children stayed with me, I would have if I'd needed to. Also, to use the fact that to fight would line the pockets of lawyers is not a reason, it is an excuse for shirking responsibilities.
        While I'm sure everyone is happy for you that you got the result you wanted, to get so judgemental over someone else's situation without knowing what's happened just makes you a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Fighting over your kids can be very harmful to them. You should be doing what's best for them, not selfishly trying to "win" them.
          Try telling that to the women! There are quite alot around like MaryPoppins. Alas there are also some who will use PAS. Which was how this thread started.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
            While I'm sure everyone is happy for you that you got the result you wanted, to get so judgemental over someone else's situation without knowing what's happened just makes you a ****.
            True. But the comment was posted in general so quite legitimate.

HTH

Comment

Some real men on here aren't there? No sense of responsibility, "it's just too hard, everyone is against me, the women always win, so I'll just give in now and make no effort to see my children".
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Was that meant to be directed at me for calling you a ****?

I don't have kids actually. I just truly believe you are being a ****.

Comment

Some real men on here aren't there? No sense of responsibility, "it's just too hard, everyone is against me, the women always win, so I'll just give in now and make no effort to see my children".
                  I was arrested for the right to see my children.

But I don't condemn any other man who walks away. You have to be prepared for prison to see your kids. I have seen some tough nuts spend a few hours in police cells and come out a quivering wreck.

What I more dislike about men is they are not good with communicating their feelings. But that is a trait - much like women generally being poorer at chess.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    I don't have kids actually.
                    You should try it! Enormous fun - if hard work. Just don't get married....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      You should try it! Enormous fun - if hard work. Just don't get married....
                      I've mentioned it before on here. Married, we both wanted kids but lost a few and it's no longer possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X