• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obvious common sense policy for Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    The hatred of UKIP is all about the threat to close the EU gravy train to UK contractors. and to think how this same lot moan about ICTs.

I reckon the party that bans ICTs keeps immigration except for IT people, keeps the EU and keeps free movement of labour accross the EU would win the IT contractor vote hands down
    Explain this as you're always mentioning it yet I suspect that there are only a handful of people here who actually contract in the EU (not including the UK which is also part of the EU but I presume you weren't alluding to that)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      If UKIP get their way you wont be able to move anywhere without a visa
      Which will **** up the UK quite quickly as not only will UK'ers need visas to go to EU countries but vice-versa. Tourist industry would go pretty much tits-up overnight
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        even though it is within the EU it counts as unlimited immigration surely a genius like you knows that?
        No it counts as the free reciprocal movement of labour.

what lack of success I'm in the top 10 -15 % of earners, own a nice house and have a family with children that do well at school, a wife I love (she also seems to love me) and plenty of friends that don't have to be unpleasant to make themselves appear or feel better. Compared to a bitter old soak like you I have won the lottery!
        If you say so.
        And yet you seem unhappy with the status quo?

PS just looking at the stats for earnings £45K is enough to get you in the top 10%.
        Last edited by Euler; 15 April 2015, 14:02.
        Are you a loser?
        Didn't do too well at school?
        Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
        No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          In seriousness, don't the Green Party want a fully open-door policy?
          Just about.

Their real agenda is this - similar to labour. The lengths these people will go to in order to satisfy personal issues is breathtaking MigrationWatchUK | Was Mass Immigration a Conspiracy?

The strongest evidence for conspiracy comes from one of Labour’s own. Andrew Neather, a previously unheard-of speechwriter for Blair, Straw and Blunkett, popped up with an article in the Evening Standard in October 2009 which gave the game away.

Immigration, he wrote, ‘didn’t just happen; the deliberate policy of Ministers from late 2000…was to open up the UK to mass immigration’.

He was at the heart of policy in September 2001, drafting the landmark speech by the then Immigration Minister Barbara Roche, and he reported ‘coming away from some discussions with the clear sense that the policy was intended - even if this wasn’t its main purpose - to rub the Right’s nose in diversity and render their arguments out of date’.

That seemed, even to him, a manoeuvre too far.

The result is now plain for all to see. Even Blair’s favourite think tank, the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR), commented recently: ‘It is no exaggeration to say that immigration under New Labour has changed the face of the country.’

It is not hard to see why Labour’s own apparatchiks supported the policy. Provided that the white working class didn’t cotton on, there were votes in it.

Research into voting patterns conducted for the Electoral Commission after the 2005 general election found that 80 per cent of Caribbean and African voters had voted Labour, while only about 3 per cent had voted Conservative and roughly 8 per cent for the Liberal Democrats.

The Asian vote was split about 50 per cent for Labour, 10 per cent Conservatives and 15 per cent Liberal Democrats.

Nor should we underestimate the power of ‘community leaders’ who have strong influence in constituency Labour parties and who, of course, benefit from a growth in numbers.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
            No it counts as the free reciprocal movement of labour.

If you say so.
            And yet you seem unhappy with the status quo?
            ante Bellum? I doubt many would vote for that.

I maintain having freedom of movement between countries with wildly differing economies is dangerous for the lower earners as there will be a race to the bottom. Its Globalisation in microcosm.

I believe that entry into the common market which was voted on does not mean we agreed to the European Union and so it needs to be voted on again to be given validity.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I believe that entry into the common market which was voted on does not mean we agreed to the European Union and so it needs to be voted on again to be given validity.
              Well I finally agree with you on something.
              Will you cease your moaning if you lose?

Anyway if it happened (EU exit) we'd get rid of the generally very hard working Eastern Europeans and get instead our old pensioners from France and Spain who cleverly have moved there because they get better health care than the NHS.
              It's not a good deal for the country.
              Last edited by Euler; 15 April 2015, 14:06.
              Are you a loser?
              Didn't do too well at school?
              Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
              No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                "Extreme in strength or degree" is the one people mean, I guess.

To follow your analogy, if your credit cards were the only means you had to buy food (for some reason you had no debit card or no money in your account due to overspending) then it would revert from reasonable to savage... regardless of having overspent and being debt, you still need to eat. I think that's - roughly, within the bounds of the analogy - what critics are saying.

as there hasn't been a mass starvation (foodbanks seem to be suffering from poorly applied benefit sanctions and failure to issue the correct benefits or incredibly low wages) it seems we didn't need to spend it to eat.

now I'm prepared to believe some of the cuts could have been applied more sympathetically by those implementing them but overall they have been for the good.

Remember the NHS was ring fenced.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Explain this as you're always mentioning it yet I suspect that there are only a handful of people here who actually contract in the EU (not including the UK which is also part of the EU but I presume you weren't alluding to that)
                  There are many UK based IT contractors making a very good living out of working in a borderless EU. The fact that UK contractors can and do work all over the EU enriches the market for those who work in it. So my point is that instead of denying there is a problem and accusing those of us who want to close down the numbers of immigrants coming to the UK of being racist "little englanders" and coming out with your ridiculous scaremongering it would be rather refreshing if you would simply admit to your own self interest. The same applies to those of us who do not like the UK being part of the European Union.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
                    Well I finally agree with you on something.
                    Will you cease your moaning if you lose?

Anyway if it happened (EU exit) we'd get rid of the generally very hard working Eastern Europeans and get instead our old pensioners from France and Spain who cleverly have moved there because they get better health care than the NHS.
                    It's not a good deal for the country.
                    will you cease your clearly racist claims that Eastern Europeans are harder working and that our self funding pensioners are sponging off the Spanish if you lose?

guess not

Comment

will you cease your clearly racist claims that Eastern Europeans are harder working and that our self funding pensioners are sponging off the Spanish if you lose?

guess not
                      That's the truth, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X