• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mass debate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Milliband was very good

I can't think of a more unappealing, damp squib, uninspiring no hoper with less charisma than a mannequin that I have ever seen, either in real life or on telly. He needs a foam-hand style capital L permanently ensconced on his forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      I can't think of a more unappealing, damp squib, uninspiring no hoper with less charisma than a mannequin that I have ever seen, either in real life or on telly. He needs a foam-hand style capital L permanently ensconced on his forehead.
      CAMERON.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
        I'm watching these but I scarcely feel much more informed about these parties' policies, than I would by just watching interviews with Andrew Neil...
        AndrewNeil is a twunt

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
          What was it that Sturgeon said that was so impressive?
          In a word Poverty.

It's an utter disgrace such a wealthy country expects poverty to increase its hold on a greater number of Brits in the coming years. She challenged the others how this can happen in a country such as ours when so much in aid is being pumped out. And yet the other leaders shrugged off the matter. Clegg brushed on mental health, made some good points. And it was clear Cameron was a passenger throughout.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            In a word Poverty.

It's an utter disgrace such a wealthy country expects poverty to increase its hold on a greater number of Brits in the coming years. She challenged the others how this can happen in a country such as ours when so much in aid is being pumped out. And yet the other leaders shrugged off the matter. Clegg brushed on mental health, made some good points. And it was clear Cameron was a passenger throughout.
            Poverty will always exist in every society.
            Here for example.
            Sturgeon came across well to the simple-minded because her "arguments" consisted of the simple, platitudinous, cliched verbiage that simpletons like.
            I'm not surprised you were taken in.
            In particular she showed no appreciation of the fact that the NHS needs reform in the direction of the European private-public partnership model if it is to survive at all.
            I find it amazing how some of our wannabe leaders are so thick.
            Last edited by Euler; 3 April 2015, 10:12.
            Are you a loser?
            Didn't do too well at school?
            Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
            No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
              Poverty will always exist in every society.
              Here for example.
              Sturgeon came across well to the simple-minded because her "arguments" consisted of the simple platitudinous cliched verbiage.
              I'm not surprised you were taken in.
              Most agreed that Sturgeon spoke common sense and came across well. The only ones who did not agree were the simple minded.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                In a word Poverty.

If you increase the nation's net wealth, poverty goes up in proportion. And while the overseas aid budget looks big (and I agree it's better spent at home anyway), it's a lot less than what they are aiming to cut from the welfare budget. So perhaps not all that significant in the greater scheme of things.

As for Cameroon, I get the feeling he was treating the whole thing as an unnecessary side show of no real value and, given it was one against six, he was never going to win any points so let's play the senior statesman card. A view with which I have some sympathy.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Most agreed that Sturgeon spoke common sense and came across well. The only ones who did not agree were the simple minded.
                  You have a double whammy issue, sadly: not only are you a simpleton but you're also a loon.
                  Are you a loser?
                  Didn't do too well at school?
                  Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
                  No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

I did not watch it, I find Sturgeon's chat utterly cringing and twee.

And if she was dribbling on about poverty then that is laughable, she cut 140,000 college places to pay for the free tuition fees for the middle class children, they were often the starting point for working class kids to get to uni.

So now there are less working class kids at university in Scotland than in England.

Her headline grabbing policies that were there to buy the votes of the middle classes have only entrenched poverty in Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      ms#4 tells me most of her uni mates are going to vote green.
                      Least they are bloody going to vote.

I'm working on the younger members of my family though it's much easier to convince those who live in a marginal that their vote counts.....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X