• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 year old told by Police its illegal to ride bike on pavement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    While a kid a stabilisers should IMHO be allowed to ride on the pavement, older kids and adults should not. If nervous about riding a bike on the road then you shouldn't be riding a bike at all.

My opinion on this topic was cemented when an elderly neighbour of mine was killed outside her house when hit by some plonker riding his bike on the pavement.
    But is riding a mobility scooter on the pavement legal?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      But is riding a mobility scooter on the pavement legal?
      Yes.

They aren't licensed for being used on the road.

They actually fall into a grey area as people have been killed and injured by riders who have hit them on pavements, and the riders have also injured themselves as anyone can just get one.

Some backbencher actually wanted them to be licensed because of this.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Motability scooters enjoy a weird position in the law. They can be drive on the footpath and the road yet need no licence, insurance or VED.

Segways by comparision are illegal anywhere in the UK except private land.

Clearly though some Police officers have nothing better to do than worry a 4 year old riding a little bike with stabilisers.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Yes.

They aren't licensed for being used on the road.

They actually fall into a grey area as people have been killed and injured by riders who have hit them on pavements, and the riders have also injured themselves as anyone can just get one.

Some backbencher actually wanted them to be licensed because of this.
          Plus of course, many of the people using them are not exactly possessing the sharpest reflexes/minds (like BB really). My grandfather had one at 92... despite being deaf and having badly impaired sight he's still take it out (without bothering to put his hearing aid in). And the nursing home let him!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Clearly though some Police officers have nothing better to do than worry a 4 year old riding a little bike with stabilisers.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Plus of course, many of the people using them are not exactly possessing the sharpest reflexes/minds (like BB really). My grandfather had one at 92... despite being deaf and having badly impaired sight he's still take it out (without bothering to put his hearing aid in). And the nursing home let him!
              The police in random parts of the country provide mobility scooter courses. It gets some of the most dangerous of them off the pavements and roads.

I'm not sure how you find them.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X