• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General election quandary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    By Lobby groups I mean big industry or Unions in the case of Labour. Take for example Fracking, what appears to be gov formulated policy has actually been heavily lobbied for and then dressed up in the usual way as jobs, consumer benefit and growth. They even employ PR comms companies to spin it to the media as something good. A well known one is owned by a Tory Peer who was prior to that a PPC their tag line is "Making sure the debate has a successful conclusion". What hope is there when it is so corrupt?
    And one of the greenie/leftie/liberal lobby groups I and others have given money to have actually alerted other MPs including Tories to vote against it (which my Tory MP did) and make it more difficult. It's now up to councils in each individual area to allow it.

Lobby groups aren't just big business and the unions, though they have more money so are better at spreading their version of the truth. However this sometimes backfires.

Yes the system is corrupt but Labour and the Tories use focus groups and think tanks to sound out a lot of their policies out. So if you have a chance to make your voice heard do so.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      And one of the greenie/leftie/liberal lobby groups I and others have given money to have actually alerted other MPs including Tories to vote against it (which my Tory MP did) and make it more difficult. It's now up to councils in each individual area to allow it.

Lobby groups aren't just big business and the unions, though they have more money so are better at spreading their version of the truth. However this sometimes backfires.

Yes the system is corrupt but Labour and the Tories use focus groups and think tanks to sound out a lot of their policies out. So if you have a chance to make your voice heard do so.
      We will just keep buying gas of Putin shall we?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        the thing I like about being a Tory is I dont have a chip on my shoulder
        Except about "lefties". And "do-gooders". And the "nanny state".
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          We will just keep buying gas of Putin shall we?
          If it keeps him from bombing us yes.

Also as I live in an area where there are no shale gas reserves under me I shouldn't give a tulip if those on benefits in Blackpool suffer a few earthquakes.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Except about "lefties". And "do-gooders". And the "nanny state".
            Fair point
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Why bother voting at all - since no matter whom you vote for - the Government always gets in ...

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                Because advocating an immigration policy copied from the Australia makes them Nazis?

mmmmk

Green or UKIP are the only honest choices. Labourservatives? Same old faces, same old shambles.
                Yep, UKIP want a points based immigration system similar to Australia,NZ, Canada etc. Since we cannot legally do this in the UK due to the EU running our country, first we have to leave the EU and then we can control our borders as we in the UK see fit. Simples. Of course the EU ninnies and the hand wring lefties will scream racism at every opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Yep, UKIP want a points based immigration system similar to Australia,NZ, Canada etc. Since we cannot legally do this in the UK due to the EU running our country, first we have to leave the EU and then we can control our borders as we in the UK see fit. Simples. Of course the EU ninnies and the hand wring lefties will scream racism at every opportunity.
                  Nazi :nazi:

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Well, perception is key and it does seem to be working; however, it's another matter entirely whether it influences people's decision to vote for them that much. I suspect there is a strong overlap between those who are inclined to vote for more leftist, soi-disant egalitarian parties like Labour or the Lib Dems and those who consider them "racist", because I've come to realise the term doesn't really mean an awful lot these days, so big a tent has it become. So really, people who never intended to vote for them anyway. Personally, I don't think Farage or most of the senior UKIP members are "racist" (certainly not in any real sense), but they are riding on the back of a very thorny topic, the sort that some "liberals" love to play on as "racist" merely by virtue of discussing the topic of immigration. I am quite happy to see their orthodoxy threatened and shattered, and I hope it forces more debate on the use of this rather vile slur that is so often used to shut discussion down. The intellectually bankrupt BBC and Channel 4 - brain parasites, if there ever were any - have tried over and over to get the allegation to stick and it is beginning to look tired and pathetic. All the psychological tricks in the world won't suffice for them to control the populace like they used to, before the age of the internet.
                    Last edited by Zero Liability; 14 March 2015, 00:27.

Comment

Working...
                    X