• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Baby as a shareholder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby as a shareholder

Can I employ a baby as a shareholder and pay her £50 a week

Her job would to be to rip up any letters from HMRC

Would this raise red flags at HMRC or would I even notice since it's the baby's job to rip up any letters ?

Sounds like a plan. Don't forget to put Harry Redknapp's dog on the payroll too.

Comment

1. you don't "employ" someone to become a shareholder. Employment and shareholding are two different things. E.g. Do you think that everyone with shares in BT works for them?
      2. you don't employ babies, unless you don't care about child labour laws.
      3. yes it would raise a red flag
      4/5/6. how would you do RTI/PAYE, NI number, don't be so stupid.

Comment

It can be done with a 10 year old, not sure about a baby.

BBC's Jeremy Vine made daughter Martha a company shareholder to lower tax bill | Daily Mail Online

Comment

isn't he likely to get shafted under settlements legislation?

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
            isn't he likely to get shafted under settlements legislation?
            Did you completely miss the other thread on this? The short answer is...maybe not, depends on how good the advice he was given was.

Comment

yes. I missed that thread. found it now, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X