• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damn internet!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Wooh! Just opened my mail and there's my council tax bill. At least I got some benefit in return for my £1840.54!
    Jeez!! Thank goodness Coucil Tax has been frozen in Scotland for the past 7 years

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Seeing a solicitor this afternoon and need to provide proof of identity including a bank statement or utility bill less than 3 months old. What? Who gets those anymore? I do everything via online accounts. Same with tax and any other official stuff.

Various females I know have problems with providing identification because everything is in their husband's name but it seems to be becoming a general problem.

Can't be just me. What's the solution?
      Can't you simply ask the bank to send a one-off printed statement for the last three months?

The snag is it'll probably take them a few days to arrange this.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        Jeez!! Thank goodness Coucil Tax has been frozen in Scotland for the past 7 years
        and I wish my council tax was as low as 1800 quid

Comment

Interesting conundrum. It's why I refuse to go paperless with my bank statements and council tax.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
            and I wish my council tax was as low as 1800 quid
            Mines 1300! But then I do live in the armpit of England, so its not really value for money.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              Interesting conundrum. It's why I refuse to go paperless with my bank statements and council tax.
              Same here.

All my bank and credit card statements are paper statements for this reason.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
                Tried that my Solicitor wouldn't accept it, because whilst they'd certified it, they hadn't printed it on headed paper
                Get them to certify it, take the certification home, and print their letterhead on it

Comment

Working...
                X