• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

limit child benefit to three children?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Easy solution, anyone with 2 or more children has the choice be steralised or no benefits
    People who cannot spell sterilised correctly should be sterilised.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      They shouldn't have kids they can't pay for and if it was a multiple birth they should have reduced the number....
      All very well saying "shouldn't" but the point is, once it's happened why should the child be punished for being born?
      And... you're saying if someone has twins, one should be murdered at birth?

Easy solution, anyone with 2 or more children has the choice be steralised or no benefits
      Please do us a favour and leave the UK. Your kind of bigotry would be better in some Islamic state, or serving some African dictator.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It isn't even £20 a week it is £13 something. £20 is only for the first child, £13 for subsequent children.

I do like the idea of putting benefits onto a card, it would be fairly straight forward to limit what people could buy, no cigarettes, no alcohol etc.
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

I think benefits claimants SHOULD get a free bus-pass though.

Comment

d000hg I was taking the p1ss.

No one has children for £13 a week.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'll take no benefits please. I love getting the missus up the duff.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Why don't they reduce it to zero children?!
                Because then you would never have been born? How do you think your mum afforded all those fags & booze. She only charged 20p a blow job, it doesn't pay the bills.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  d000hg I was taking the p1ss.
                  Oops. Hard to tell with some of the opinions being voiced

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Because then you would never have been born? How do you think your mum afforded all those fags & booze. She only charged 20p a blow job, it doesn't pay the bills.
                    She was on quite a good day rate and didn't need to buy food either, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                      It isn't even £20 a week it is £13 something. £20 is only for the first child, £13 for subsequent children.

I do like the idea of putting benefits onto a card, it would be fairly straight forward to limit what people could buy, no cigarettes, no alcohol etc.
                      How do you separate out that child benefit money from other money? Lots of people who get child benefit work. In regards to other benefits the state pension and winter fuel payments are benefits, why should old people be stigmatised? Why should disabled people and their carers be stigmatised?

Also market stalls don't take cards and it's cheaper for most people to buy their fruit and veg from market stalls than supermarkets.

Finally they did a voucher scheme with asylum seekers at the end of 20th century. All it did was cause problems as it took longer for the shops to process the vouchers.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X