• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

example of clients unfairly treating contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Arriving in my Bentley the security guards in the car park discriminate against me by not asking to see my badge they assume I'm the client company boss
    Easy to fix too. Hire a VW Astra next time.

HTH, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

HTH, as usual.
      Vauxhall
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

HTH, as usual.
        Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Vauxhall
        Golf

Comment

The permie next to me always uses the bog next to mine when i go for a comfy one

I think he's stalking me
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

CBA to read the whole thread.

No such thing as a victim, you make yourself a victim. Grow a pair.

HTH.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              Arriving in my Bentley....(
              Is this the white one Katie....?
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I don't have to clock in, I largely choose my hours and holidays, have no appraisals or target setting, and I get paid 2-3 times what the permies get. It is very unfair, but for some reason the permies don't complain. I think they're too oppressed.
                I don't seem to have appraisals either. I have a quarterly meeting with my boss where we discuss all my staff and why they should or shouldn't get bonuses , then at the end I just get mine with no feedback.

This time I got a pay increase, a shed load more shares and more responsibility where in truth I wanted less responsibility, less hours and quite happy to take a pay cut as long as I didn't have to travel. But like a good little permie I kept my mouth shut .
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I don't seem to have appraisals either. I have a quarterly meeting with my boss where we discuss all my staff and why they should or shouldn't get bonuses , then at the end I just get mine with no feedback.

This time I got a pay increase, a shed load more shares and more responsibility where in truth I wanted less responsibility, less hours and quite happy to take a pay cut as long as I didn't have to travel. But like a good little permie I kept my mouth shut .
                  How do you lick arse with your mouth shut?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    How do you lick arse with your mouth shut?
                    I feel cheap.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X