• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fool and his money ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    So do you get l@id on the 14th or not?
    Every one does. It's the law.

Actually, bringing that in as a law in May would probably win a fair few votes.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post

Yes, but is it with the person you met on the 13th or the one you were with on the 14th?
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post

Some of us have to pay for everything !

Comment

I thought "Oh tulip, it's Valentine's day," and picked up an overpriced card in Sainsburys whilst I was shopping for fishcakes and mange tout.

Comment

I once sent my beloved (the same one that I asked out on the 15th, not the 14th) a card with an excel formula on it.

=IF(AND(MONTH(TODAY()=2),DAY(TODAY()=14)),"Happy Valentine's Day. I love you","Where's my dinner, woman?")

She failed to see the romance in that.

Comment

A friend is having her prom themed birthday party that night, so we'll be going to that all dressed up

Normally wouldn't do anything, though.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I brought the requisite overpriced card but our celebrations will be a nice dinner at home, good sex with BGG & a weekend of games.
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Table booked at the restaurant we would most likely be going to anyway although Mrs P is on some strange Runner's diet as she's marathon training.

Moonpigged the card to myself which she promptly opened thinking it was some running kit she'd ordered using my amazon prime account.

It still counts. If anything I should get extra points for being ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                    I brought the requisite overpriced card but our celebrations will be a nice dinner at home, good sex with BGG & a weekend of games.
                    Boy Girl Girl ? or Sumat?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      It still counts. If anything I should get extra points for being ahead of time.
                      It does only in this context !

Comment

Working...
                      X