• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When is democracy not democratic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    No you did not, but I know it annoys you.
    Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Why would it ? I'm not a Labour voter and never have been, I would expect it, however I think you may be overestimating the pull that the Torys have dahn sarf. Polls don't have much (if any) clear ground between the two.

Tory vote never changes much in Scotland. A fairly consistent percentage with too little concentration to convert it to seats. They'll get somewhere between 0 and 3. Makes no odds in the grand scheme of things.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

London isn't hugely Tory, at any rate. But then that's London for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Why would it ? I'm not a Labour voter and never have been, I would expect it, however I think you may be overestimating the pull that the Torys have dahn sarf. Polls don't have much (if any) clear ground between the two.

Tory vote never changes much in Scotland. A fairly consistent percentage with too little concentration to convert it to seats. They'll get somewhere between 0 and 3. Makes no odds in the grand scheme of things.
        Time will tell, I think sense will prevail amongst the UK and Cameron will be PM again.

If not we will have a chancellor approved by Bob Somebody and a deputy women who gets her hair done by a gardner.

Comment

Anyway, I am prepare to bite a turd and vote labour.

#SNPout

Comment

Time will tell, I think sense will prevail amongst the UK and Cameron will be PM again.

If not we will have a chancellor approved by Bob Somebody and a deputy women who gets her hair done by a gardner.
            I'm not disagreeing. I'd rather have Ebola than another Blairite labour Government.

The problem with Cameron and Osbourne is that they are still tinkering around the edges trying to hold the votes of people who went all 'Trendy labour' 1997 and switched back in 2010 and to an extent, Labour are doing the same. Not one of them has an actual forward thinking agenda with policies other than promising to make it better with no detail or radical thinking behind it. UK politics has become a bland parody of 'The thick of it'. Getting a positive approval rating for some dumb paper headline creates policy.

Comment

Anyway, I am prepare to bite a turd and vote labour.

#SNPout
              And there he goes, reverting to type

Comment

I fundamentally agree that Gideon has guided the economy correctly. Has not wavered, stuck to the plan that was derided by labour which has despite their opinion resulted in the biggest growth in Europe.

I am happy to stick with that plan.

Comment

I fundamentally agree that Gideon has guided the economy correctly. Has not wavered, stuck to the plan that was derided by labour which has despite their opinion resulted in the biggest growth in Europe.

I am happy to stick with that plan.
                  By voting Labour in your own constituency ???

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    I'm not disagreeing. I'd rather have Ebola than another Blairite labour Government.
                    Have you ever voted labour?

Honestly?

Comment

Have you ever voted labour?

Honestly?
                      Absolutely not.

Comment

Working...
                      X