• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When is democracy not democratic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I'm not disagreeing. I'd rather have Ebola than another Blairite labour Government.
    Cameron and Osborne have done nothing to sort out the country's structural problems.

Only thing that's bothering me is : it just seems to be going too smoothly for the Nationalistas right now. I can't help feeling that that Red Tories and Blue Tories will join hands before the 7th May to shaft all the other parties.
    The Lib Dems will be annihilated for their treachery in the student fees debacle - I'm really surprised that such intelligent politicians allowed themselves to get done over like that. But, they did. The Red Tories will be next to be executed I assume - after they have served their purpose as useful idiots.

Anyway maybe our resident cognitive-dissonant is right and the Blue Tories will scrape home.

Meantime ....Saor Alba Gu Brath

Comment

By voting Labour in your own constituency ???
      If I garnered a militia and ordered everyone in the area up to the election booth with threats of death I don't think I could ever get anyone in this constituency to vote conservative. The last conservative candidate defected to labour after getting humped...

Rising star of Scottish Tory party defects to Labour in protest at coalition cuts - Daily Record

Career politician in the making

Dirty slack slapper

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        If I garnered a militia and ordered everyone in the area up to the election booth with threats of death I don't think I could ever get anyone in this constituency to vote conservative. The last conservative candidate defected to labour after getting humped...

Rising star of Scottish Tory party defects to Labour in protest at coalition cuts - Daily Record

Career politician in the making

Dirty slack slapper
        Would you not be more likely to see the outcome you want by voting SNP ?
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by zemoxyl View Post
          Cameron and Osborne have done nothing to sort out the country's structural problems.

Only thing that's bothering me is : it just seems to be going too smoothly for the Nationalistas right now. I can't help feeling that that Red Tories and Blue Tories will join hands before the 7th May to shaft all the other parties.
          The Lib Dems will be annihilated for their treachery in the student fees debacle - I'm really surprised that such intelligent politicians allowed themselves to get done over like that. But, they did. The Red Tories will be next to be executed I assume - after they have served their purpose as useful idiots.

Anyway maybe our resident cognitive-dissonant is right and the Blue Tories will scrape home.

Meantime ....Saor Alba Gu Brath
          Spot on. Tinkering to make it sound like progress without upsetting floating voters.

Comment

Would you not be more likely to see the outcome you want by voting SNP ?
            No.

Comment

It fundamentally troubles me that the electorate does not see the advances the Conservatives have made.

Comment

No.

Comment

Can we talk about the NHS, despite higher funding and having the helmet hairdo Sturgeon in charge of that for years we have worse health care than the English.

Comment

Can we talk about the NHS, despite higher funding and having the helmet hairdo Sturgeon in charge of that for years we have worse health care than the English.

Comment

Satisfaction tables are meaningless.

We have worse waiting times, we have worse cancer survival rates, we have less availability of drugs than the English. We have higher funding.

Comment

Working...
                      X