• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facts? Hello! Facts???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    We don't need stomach pumps, we can vomit at will and get back on the sauce whilst wearing nothing more than vest tops in -20 C weather, and that's just the ladies (I admit 'ladies' is stretching it a bit for Geordie females).
    HTH. Geordies in bloom.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      You do get people going for no reason but the problem is everywhere you go someone is telling you to feel for bumps and check for blood in your poo as it could be cancer and early treatment could stop you dying.

And because people cannot get to see a gp they go to a&e cos it's better than dying.
      BBC Breakfast had that GP-woman they have on from time to time this morning, and she seemed quite angry about the fact people are blaming a lot of this on GPs and was putting the case for how hard they work, which is probably true. But then every time she and others are on they're always saying "discuss it with your GP before you do X". No wonder the GPs are overloaded when people are encouraged to see GPs for what's essentially a bit of a chat and some advice.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        You do get people going for no reason but the problem is everywhere you go someone is telling you to feel for bumps and check for blood in your poo as it could be cancer and early treatment could stop you dying.

And because people cannot get to see a gp they go to a&e cos it's better than dying.
        Yup, and that includes NHS sources. The real issue is the lack of GP availability as they're the gatekeepers of the whole system but the websites, posters etc probably contribute to demand for it.

Comment

This helps to explain some of it: Surviving a night in A&E: a doctor
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This helps to explain some of it
            Interesting, some things I mentioned like long waits to see a GP, but some obvious others there, most especially a shortage of suitable staff.

Maybe more things, like checking on elderly or infirm, could be done by volunteers but obviously proper controls are needed.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

interesting comments too

The sheer disorganisation I have seen is scary.

The bed blocking by healthy people waiting to be discharged or elderly / infirm requiring community care is scandalous.

So many people who seem to have just arrived here are after expensive treatment.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X