• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And another windmill bites the dust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What about deaths per erg? If a windmill blade falls off, it might hit a sheep. If a reactor goes wrong, it can poison a whole load of sheep
    And on average, 6 people die every day mining coal ...
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      Only 6? That's okay then.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        and on average 12 people die every day mining rare earth metals for windmills.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          "An erg is approximately the amount of work done (or energy consumed) by one common house fly performing one "push up", the leg-bending dip that brings its mouth to the surface on which it stands and back up.[2]"

But that doesn't take into account a house fly with arthritic knees.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

It seems very strange that my bird table also fell over on Friday. Maybe my neighbour did both.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              "An erg is approximately the amount of work done (or energy consumed) by one common house fly performing one "push up", the leg-bending dip that brings its mouth to the surface on which it stands and back up.[2]"

But that doesn't take into account a house fly with arthritic knees.

qh
              What if it's just eaten some sh17? Wouldn't it be heavier?
              Or is that why they used house flies, because they don't get out much?
              Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                It seems very strange that my bird table also fell over on Friday. Maybe my neighbour did both.
                An eco-warrier who also hates birds?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

An eco-warrier who also hates birds?
                  May be a vegan
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

It's lucky fossil & nuclear power facilities never go wrong.
                    And there is an unlimited amount of the them, there's no issue with pollution or waste management, and fortunately the raw materials are not predominately located in unstable parts of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                      May be a vegan
                      I don't think vegans refuse to eat birds because they hate them.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X