• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another aspect to immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard somewhere that UK had to apologise to the Philippines for nicking all their nurses. No idea as to the veracity of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
      The Romanians, alongside with the other Eastern European countries, "supported the Nazi's".
      I'd worry more about current events -

Romanians supported nazies as much as Polish supported Soviet Union - when powerful country puts armed people on the ground that gets them "support" from leadership usually.

<Mod snip>
      Last edited by cojak; 3 January 2015, 19:52. Reason: Bit of trolling, AtW?

Comment

I almost give up. Back to UKIP/Nazi comparisons and irrelevant stuff about Soviet history. The question is

DOES MASS IMMIGRATION BENEFIT THE NATIONS FRON WHICH MIGRANTS COME?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I almost give up. Back to UKIP/Nazi comparisons and irrelevant stuff about Soviet history. The question is

Possibly, it depends if it's mass immigration or just temporary migration. Remember, a lot of the EU workers in the UK are sending money back to their homeland thus putting something back into their own economy and when they go back they'll be taking newly learnt skills to help in their economy. Even many of those who stay in their new home are still sending money back which helps their mother country.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Why do you care about those other nations?

In any case decision to immigrate is made by individuals in their own interest.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Why do you care about those other nations?

In any case decision to immigrate is made by individuals in their own interest.
              I thought your 24 hours was up?

I'm with you there xog, I see the point and it's a reasonable one.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                I thought your 24 hours was up?
                I got renewal.

Comment

In the long term I would say yes. We should aim to improve life for the greatest number of people, not concentrate solely on the short term needs of individuals.
                  That's pretty scary. To tell me that as an individual, my own life isn't my own - that I somehow owe part of it to the collective - made up of other people that I don't even know, let alone have some obligation toward.

Comment

My point is (just so you know I'm not just trying to derail yours) - should we care?

Comment

My point is (just so you know I'm not just trying to derail yours) - should we care?
                      I think we should care about what happens in the long term, it affects our descendants. In my view what is wrong with so many modern ideologies is the speed with which the idealists try to implement them. A united Europe, a world without borders etc. are great ideas we should work towards but we should not rush towards them and ignore real problems caused in the present. To do so only derails the plan.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X