• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NCOTBAC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I switched back to permie when I needed to have a definite schedule for doing the school run etc.
    permie, work from home and very little stress if organised right.

appraisals are just ways to fill in a couple of hours. don't take them too seriously.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Fingers crossed that 2015 brings a gig you like, and who like you.
      If you wish upon a star galaxy universe!

me too suity, find a niche and stay away from torrenting.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Chin up, chest out () invoice at the ready. Suck it up buttercup. You were born to do this tulip, it's in your blood. Go get em tiger. grrrr.

Oh, and book a holiday... knowing there's a fortnight of margaritas around the corner makes dealing with morons so much more worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          You mean significant other who isn't an impoverished permie
          Maybe.

Sometimes you need money. Sometimes you need fulfilment. Sometimes security. Sometimes you just need an easy life.

Contractor. Permie. Full-Time. Part-Time. Manager. Employee. Owner.

Select from the options above to meet your current needs.

But just because you have a chosen particular option doesn't mean you have to stick with it until your dying days.

Comment

Feck me, more permies here that contractors! WTTA said, the only constant in life is change. Too much time at home with the family is not conducive to a healthy mental state either, you'll feel a lot better sat a desk all day

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              Maybe.

Sometimes you need money. Sometimes you need fulfilment. Sometimes security. Sometimes you just need an easy life.

Contractor. Permie. Full-Time. Part-Time. Manager. Employee. Owner.

Select from the options above to meet your current needs.

But just because you have a chosen particular option doesn't mean you have to stick with it until your dying days.
              Exactly - I chose contracting because it seemed to fit what I wanted out of the next steps of my career. If that changes, I'll be off and then one day I may be back!

Comment

Working...
              X