• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The dangers of torrenting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Oh, are we recommending grumble flicks now?
    Did not realise MF's bread was butter side up. 'Feeding time at the zoo' might be more his thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The FBI's going to be terribly embarrassed when they make the announcement: "Turns out it wasn't North Korea, it was just some English guy trying to rip off the new Annie movie to watch in his motel room."

Comment

Sounds like a Darwinian firing is in order!

Assume every system that you don't own is being watched - including the little webcam at the top of the screen. Just think what wonders that's been able to see... (a small square of gaffer tape works wonders, by the way)
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Oh, are we recommending grumble flicks now?
          Apparently MF has been reviewing them!

McAfee might be a part of the issue.

AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Real World Protection Test Overview
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

McAfee if it was human couldn't find its own arse with both hands.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I'd fire your ass.
              Your gun ain't big enough... 😯
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Your gun ain't big enough... 😯
                I have a machine gun.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I have need a machine gun Howitzer.
                  FTFY
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    once upon a time in a land of make believe So last Tuesday, two days before Xmas I was fired. I was woken at 2am in the morning on my vacation with a call from the US. I instantly ignored it and turned my phone off.

In the morning I listened to the voicemail. 'MF this is X(senior IT Director in the US). When you get this call you will find that you cannot login to your email, access the network and all of your company accounts / logins have been suspended. In addition we want your laptop returned to security in the London office in the next 24 hours. Please contact us to arrange a courier. Please contact me back urgently on 9999999'.

Bastards! I had been discussing taking a new role in the company and they'd preempted and ******* terminated me.

We reserve this for people who we can't get hold of directly or who have too much access/ influence.

I phoned HR Europe. I appear to have been terminated. Can't see anything but let us check. An hour later I get a call back. 'Well a system termination request has been implemented but we don't have anything.'

I then phone the Us number knowing its 2am in the morning and amazingly the IT Director Answers.

'MF?'
                    'Yes. Why the hell have you terminated me?'
                    'Terminated??? We haven't terminated you. Your laptop has been hacked and is being used as a bot to attack our network. We've suspended everything you touch and we want your laptop. I'm flying in our top guy from the security team right now. We want your laptop. Your 'case zero'

Needless to say I had to nicely explain to him how to leave a ******* voicemail!!!

So my every interaction, website, CUK post is being dissected as we speak. I've had to admit to downloading illegal torrents and bootlegged files, the odd 'Babysitters do Dallas' downloads and why the **** I have pictures of grown men in nappies with the words 'Suity that's you that is' and a picture of a big grizzly man cuddling a skinny fella in a swimming pool with the words 'Churchill / Brillopad - Bromance'

I'm so embarrassed.
                    FTFY
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

tl;dr

Comment

Working...
                      X