• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women in the Services front line

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look guys, it's really simple - women will no longer be automatically barred from seeing if they can do the job.
    And for all of you fretting over laydees being shot at, injured, raped etc - wake the f*** up. That's been going on for millennia, and amply demonstrated recently by women being shot, blown up and even going in to save a colleague when under fire. If you can stop the sexist bollocks disguised as concern for long enough you could check the stats from Afghanistan.
    Jesus wept.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Doog is thinking of the Jesus army.
      I'm so sorry for asking an honest question.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I thought once you were in the forces you were pretty much at their beck and call, hence my question. I guess I was under the impression women could already join units that might end up fighting, but wouldn't be allowed to join in, or something odd.

If every soldier is allowed to decide if they want to be nominated for front line duty, the question seems trivial... of course they should be allowed to.
        You're correct, generally speaking - at least from a man's perspective. In reality though, the tulip would have to have really hit the fan for them to want to send people onto the front line who don't want to be there, and only joined to drive toilet rolls from A to B. Or maintain helicopters. Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          You're correct, generally speaking - at least from a man's perspective. In reality though, the tulip would have to have really hit the fan for them to want to send people onto the front line who don't want to be there, and only joined to drive toilet rolls from A to B. Or maintain helicopters. Etc.
          Absolute cobblers, I am afraid.

In WWII there were numerous mutinies in the British army, when soldiers were sent to regiments they did not feel they belonged to.

In fact it was a sharp contrast to the Wermacht, where the soldiery were more like cogs in a machine. The German soldier did not mind being part of 1 battalion 1234 regiment
          whereas the British soldier took great pride in being part of the 1st Yorks foot and mouth brigade.

It's a cultural thing in the forces, in our culture, people want and need to belong
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Absolute cobblers, I am afraid.

In WWII there were numerous mutinies in the British army, when soldiers were sent to regiments they did not feel they belonged to.

In fact it was a sharp contrast to the Wermacht, where the soldiery were more like cogs in a machine. The German soldier did not mind being part of 1 battalion 1234 regiment
            whereas the British soldier took great pride in being part of the 1st Yorks foot and mouth brigade.

It's a cultural thing in the forces, in our culture, people want and need to belong
            It's no secret that I'm not a huge fan of some of what SO posts, but did you even read his post? What did he say that was wrong?

Your reply looks especially daft when you consider the changes and amalgamations that have happened over the last few decades.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              It's no secret that I'm not a huge fan of some of what SO posts, but did you even read his post? What did he say that was wrong?

Your reply looks especially daft when you consider the changes and amalgamations that have happened over the last few decades.
              I am a big fan as well, but people do not get taken from one unit in the British army and get plonked into another, especially from support to teeth roles. When they even tried moving people sideways, there were mutinies
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I think the first principle is that we really should not have armed forces, from the get go it kind of messes up the concept of equality. To then and wish to apply equal rights thinking onto this and expect an easy outcome is just going to get you in trouble.

And don't think women are not physically capable of this kind of thing, I've been chicked many times on many tough runs by some pretty tough women. Them bitches be crazy.

When you see the courage of the Kurdish women fighting ISIS they are more than capable of warfare. There is a whole museum in Hue dedicated to the ladies that fought in the Tet offensive. The bit in full metal jacket is sort of historically accurate.

Se they can do it if they want, I am not stopping them, just don't expect to work out the answer by wrestling with the concept of equality during bayonet drill.

#meminist <- you should read that, it is funny

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I am a big fan as well, but people do not get taken from one unit in the British army and get plonked into another, especially from support to teeth roles. When they even tried moving people sideways, there were mutinies
                  But that's not what he said - 'soldier first' is a pretty well known saying and if 'tulip hit the fan' then you'd be doing whatever was asked. Even non teeth arms do a good amount of field training - CQB, room clearances etc. They don't do it for laughs - they do it because every soldier is expected to be at a certain standard.

But moving units definitely happens as can be seen by the regimental changes which made your excessive point about pride somewhat moot.

Comment

I remember working in Israel, their women soldiers scared the hell out of me: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1824276&type=3
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

If they can do it, sure.

If, on the other hand, it imposes logistical or other issues, then no. They shouldn't be automatically barred from it, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X