• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Al Sweady Inquiry - Is this some sort of joke?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    I can imagine where this bleeding heart liberalisation is going but just to be clear, what are you trying to say by 'So we should prove that we're better than them by reducing ourselves to their level?
    no but we could have withdrawn legal aid when it appeared the opposition were on a fishing trip. Or better make the lawyers responsible for costs when it was proven they had knowingly lied.

disbar a few "pour encourager les Autres".
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      So we should prove that we're better than them by reducing ourselves to their level?
      Simply notify the world that after 1/1/2015 no prisoners will be taken. Problem solved. You do know they have a choice whether to ambush poeple or cut the heads off aid workers and journalists.

Comment

So we should prove that we're better than them by reducing ourselves to their level?

the bastids would end up getting better treatment than the squaddies.

'YOU, YES YOU, you horrible little scouse cnt. put your pigswill down and take that nice mr taliban a cup of tea and a chockie bikky. ask him if hes been naughty'
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

No Iraqi official signed a surrender document, the US marched in and occupied it, George Bush stood on an Aircraft carrier and unilaterally declared the war over. This happened in 2004.
          So I think these guys should be treated like any other POW's.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            no but we could have withdrawn legal aid when it appeared the opposition were on a fishing trip. Or better make the lawyers responsible for costs when it was proven they had knowingly lied.

disbar a few "pour encourager les Autres".
            Im all for the due process \ course of law and all that. I used to work on Civil Legal Aid when a permie and one of the conditions of a successful claim was they had to have a better than 50% chance of winning in court.

Im not sure if this was persued under civil or criminal LA scheme.

The problem with these shyster ambulance chasing lawyers \ solicitors is, they'd probably pull some other obscure reasons why LA shouldnt be pulled. What makes matters worse, is that the two law firms involved actively went to Iraq touting for business!
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
              The Al Sweady Inquiry into mistreatment of Iraqi insurgents after the Battle of Danny Boy.

FFS
              What are the army supposed to do? Sit them down with a nice cup of tea, give them a bit of a cuddle and ask them nicely if they'd mind spilling the beans on their chums?
              Maybe all army interrogators should be trained in Spanish Inquisition techniques and have comfy chairs and cushions issued as standard equipment.
              You really couldn't make this stuff up.
              Well, next time we could save ourselves the trouble, a load more money, thousands of lives and not go invade some random country.

Comment

I don't think anyone's said we should start cutting heads off with a blunt kitchen knife yet.

Comment

Working...
                X