• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dry Skin?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diprobase - What the Dermatologist prescribed for me

Curamid - Ditto - this is "stronger" than Diprobase and contains Lactic Acid and Urea. Better for areas of hyperkeratosis (heels / balls of feet, for example).
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Splendid - I'll go and find some!

Comment

Erm

You can't use either on your face? Just a "Simple" moisturiser will suffice.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          Erm

You can't use either on your face? Just a "Simple" moisturiser will suffice.
          You can with Diprobase, you just have to avoid getting it in your eye like any other moisturiser. You can even use it as a soap substitute.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            You can with Diprobase, you just have to avoid getting it in your eye like any other moisturiser. You can even use it as a soap substitute.
            You can use it anywhere, but it is extremely viscous and waxy...I would suggest a "Simple" fragrance free light moisturiser, unless prescribed for facial use.

Comment

I use basic E45 moisturiser for face and hands. Expensive stuff brings me out in unattractive blotches.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Expensive stuff brings me out in unattractive blotches.
                TTIWWP
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  TTIWWP

Comment

I suffer from Rosacea so use antibiotic gel twice a day plus E45 cream. Thanks for the Diprobase recommendation, I'll give it a try.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      You can use it anywhere, but it is extremely viscous and waxy...I would suggest a "Simple" fragrance free light moisturiser, unless prescribed for facial use.
                      Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      I use basic E45 moisturiser for face and hands. Expensive stuff brings me out in unattractive blotches.
                      WTS. Suggesting prescription medicine for a bit of dry skin is like suggesting Codeine for someone who pulled a muscle "because it's stronger". If the basic stuff doesn't work, then go see a doctor or something, but E45 is a good call.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X