• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever signed on the dole?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    let fewer people in? Throw a few undesirables out?
    Given the choice there are a lot more natives I consider undesirable rather than immigrants
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Given the choice there are a lot more natives I consider undesirable rather than immigrants
      unfortunately the undesirables who are UK citizens we can't throw out.

I would just like to remove the unpleasant ones we imported.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        the problem is when people get a council house they see it as theirs for life even when they no longer need all that space which is why the bedroom tax in principle is a good idea, but just so badly handled because the exceptions are always the heart string cases that cause out rage
        Agree completely, if the person volunteers for a smaller house the person should escape SRS until the council have offered them 3 decent alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Where are the jobs? Where to find a job not on a zero hours contract or pays a living wage?
          Get yer head out of yer arse and stop buying to the tulipe they sell you.

Comment

I cant help drawing a parallel with the 'doctor feeling your bits' idea.

If a doctor does the job thats ok, but if he enjoys it , hang him.
            If you are miserable on the dole, that's ok, but as soon as you start to like it, watch out

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              I cant help drawing a parallel with the 'doctor feeling your bits' idea.

If a doctor does the job thats ok, but if he enjoys it , hang him.
              If you are miserable on the dole, that's ok, but as soon as you start to like it, watch out

Possibly, do you want people relaxing on the dole when others are working hard and possibly receiving less money for it supporting them?

I suppose if the Job Centre started doing cavity searches you would have a point.

Comment

Possibly, do you want people relaxing on the dole when others are working hard and possibly receiving less money for it supporting them?

I suppose if the Job Centre started doing cavity searches you would have a point.

yes and no. but not necessarily in that order
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  yes and no. but not necessarily in that order
                  its difficult isn't it?

You want to support those in need but you also want to kick a lot of them up the butt and tell them to get a grip.

Comment

its difficult isn't it?

You want to support those in need but you also want to kick a lot of them up the butt and tell them to get a grip.
                    exactly so.
                    you want them to be able to go on holiday, but you dont want them to be able to go on holiday
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      This is another UK quirk. Many EU countries have restrictions on foreigners an EU citizens buying property. Q
                      Austria use to prevent EU citizens buying property but not any more.

However all other EU countries restrictions are done by their banks, so if their banks won't lend you money to get a mortgage you won't get one.

However I know and have met citizens of other EU countries being able to buy property in loads of different EU countries from where they are from including Austria. They just had to prove they were resident in that country.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X