• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever signed on the dole?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    How many people are fiddling the system?

Also thanks to tax credits the people who you the DM class as fiddling find it's better to be doing the minimum number of hours to qualify than to be on the dole.
    There are a few, no doubt. But not that many.

On the other hand, if the system is easy to 'flex', people will take advantage, and that means they wont try so hard to get a job, because they dont have to.
    It's the system that's the problem, always has been, always will be.

The big problem is politicians raising peoples expectations in the first place, buying votes, because clawing it back afterwards can be real painful
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

The milk snatcher did away with earnings related when she destroyed half of British industry.
      you mean Iain Macleod did it?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

nah.

He was dead by then.
        just amuses me the best form of attack her enemies have for her was an order from above.

Comment

In London the market is fed by foreign investors who buy central London property. This in turn pushes rich British people further out buying/renting at an inflated cost and so on down the pay scale.

The most expensive properties don't have any mortgages on them.
          This is another UK quirk. Many EU countries have restrictions on foreigners an EU citizens buying property. Q
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            This is another UK quirk. Many EU countries have restrictions on foreigners an EU citizens buying property. Q
            but freedom of movement of money or people is a core part of the EU, oh I see the UK are the only country that obey the rules!

Comment

Yep I signed on for a couple of months and like Clippy said the experience was very professional, the people at the job centre know the genuine people looking for work and the chancers who have no desire to get a job.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

This is what I've learnt watching [A HEAVILY EDITED FOR ENTERTAINMENT] programs like Skint.

Though you don't swear enough....

Do you walk around with a fag hanging out of your mouth? And have boxing as one of your hobbies? Do you sell stolen DVDs?
                FTFY

I know a couple who will never work, have no intention to work and have learnt the rules to play the game to the best of their ability, by no means to I think this is the situation for everyone who are on the rock and roll

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If you've got contributions, then you get contributions based dole for 6 months.
                  After which you get nothing if you have >£16K, and virtually nothing if you have < £16K, and if you voluntarily leave a job you don't get the 6 months. I started to claim 6 months after walking out of a previous permie job, but then decided I CBA when they wanted company accounts etc. Then they gave me contribution based JSA for reasons I don't understand. Of course they don't really understand about contractors or Plan B's, so maybe I just confused them so much they decided to give me money.

But I would say there's nothing like going to the Job Centre to get you motivated to find another job. Took me 2 weeks.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Encouraged back to work? Where are the jobs? Where to find a job not on a zero hours contract or pays a living wage?

Get yer head out of yer arse and stop buying to the tulipe they sell you.
                    The figures are that there are 100,000 new jobs being created, shame that most people need two or three of them to survive as you say that are zero hours of part time.

I guess a few people on this forum forget how lucky they are to have such well paid jobs, if the bubble bursts more than a few on here who are in the Jam Tomorrow philosophy will see how hard the real world is these days

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Build more council houses. Remove right to buy until after, say, 20 years. It would 1) create jobs (thereby also increasing tax revenue and reducing welfare), 2) give people somewhere decent to live, and 3) stop stupid amounts of taxpayer money being paid to private landlords.
                      Councils can't afford the billions of pounds it would take to build new houses, the current state of play is councils relaxing planning permission for large scale developments with the promise of a few social houses on the plots, the problem is when people get a council house they see it as theirs for life even when they no longer need all that space which is why the bedroom tax in principle is a good idea, but just so badly handled because the exceptions are always the heart string cases that cause out rage

Comment

Working...
                      X