• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How tulip does the new Star Wars look?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Wasn't much content in it but I must admit I was quite excited to see the Falcon and X-wings. Even the pilot looked like the old school star wars. Never really enjoyed the last batch, just not star warsy enough for me. This looks like it could be a bit retro like I remember it as a kid.
    I can't believe I agree with you.

Back to basics hopefully.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Of the 6 films only 1 has been a truly great film, Empire, Star Wars was a very good film, gets a bit desperate after that.

I know the Star Treks have been pretty good films, I suppose I just want more than that, real dark heavy stuff, in a cave with Darth Vader, Yoda outside pulling the strings.

Anyways, I am not going to watch this trailer, i'll wait for cinema.

Comment

Only 12 months to wait! Looks OK from the trailer. Looking forward to the Xmas break so I can do the first trilogy again... Trailer looks good on the new 4K monitor

Comment

I've only ever seen the first one, when it came out so can't comment, however I now have the opportunity to see all 6, 24 hours a day for the next 2 weeks in HD as I've suddenly got a new channel on my Sky box!

http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/star-wa...shurl=starwars

There's six of these ads as well:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Looks good to me!
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Isn't it just a 'two hour toy advert'
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                On the contrary, I think it looks promising when compared to the CGI-enhanced Jar Jar Binks twaddle of the three prequels. Hopefully, back to basics following these dismal prequels.
                Instead, there'll be CGI rollerball R2 instead to add the comedy value in the same way that Jar-Jar did.

First prequel was awful.

Second prequel was a rip-off of Empire.

Third prequel I quite enjoyed.

What benefit does a cross lightsaber give, apart from the ability to accidentally slice something sideways? Not convinced by this one - Jar Jar Abrams could have an interesting year ahead of him.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Isn't it just a 'two hour toy advert'
                  No, thats the Transformers movies.

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

What benefit does a cross lightsaber give, apart from the ability to accidentally slice something sideways? Not convinced by this one - Jar Jar Abrams could have an interesting year ahead of him.
                  Guessing it's intended as a cross guard as per a normal sword, protects the hands from the opponents blade sliding down yours. The originals were based around the Japanese style with no guard together with a Japanese fighting style - Lots of cuts and slices, no thrusting.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Instead, there'll be CGI rollerball R2 instead to add the comedy value in the same way that Jar-Jar did.

First prequel was awful.

Second prequel was a rip-off of Empire.

Third prequel I quite enjoyed.

They always seem to think they need to come up with something new for the lightsabers. We've had the double lightsaber, the curved lightsaber, 2 lightsabers at once, 4 lightsabers at once, and now a lightsaber with a crossguard (which isn't a bad idea actually, stops you getting your fingers chopped off).

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Guessing it's intended as a cross guard as per a normal sword, protects the hands from the opponents blade sliding down yours. The originals were based around the Japanese style with no guard together with a Japanese fighting style - Lots of cuts and slices, no thrusting.
                      If you slid another lightsaber down the blade of the other and hit the cross guard lightsaber bit, you run the risk that it pushes that blade down into your hands, surely?

Daft idea.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X