• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weird spam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    You actually open spam?
    Outlook seems to open them on my behalf as they arrive!
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Was the subject "Test <number>"? I've had a few today like that.
      Yup.

Comment

and today

The stipes of all aged specimens are generally discarded. B Dragonfly in service.
        Hollywood personnel be used. CD1 stakes a formidable claim as the fourth Suede album in its own right.
        Lincoln and Booth, as they cope with women, work, poverty, gambling, racism, and their troubled upbringings. Into an age of romance and sentiment hair jewelry gave these craftsmen a good income.
        Born near Stamford, Lincoln County, Kentucky on September 21, 1798. The radial engine compounded the problem having its crankshaft high off the hull bottom. December 20 and January 16.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Apples mail app used to have a nice feature where you could manually "bounce" an email to make it look as if it had not been delivered.
          I enjoyed using that until the novelty wore off.

I was later told that using it didn't serve any useful purpose, but can't remember the technical details.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            and today

The stipes of all aged specimens are generally discarded. B Dragonfly in service.
            Hollywood personnel be used. CD1 stakes a formidable claim as the fourth Suede album in its own right.
            Lincoln and Booth, as they cope with women, work, poverty, gambling, racism, and their troubled upbringings. Into an age of romance and sentiment hair jewelry gave these craftsmen a good income.
            Born near Stamford, Lincoln County, Kentucky on September 21, 1798. The radial engine compounded the problem having its crankshaft high off the hull bottom. December 20 and January 16.
            It looks like someone is practising with some language processing software.

IOW expect spam, more spam and yet more spam some time soon.
            Last edited by Sysman; 13 November 2014, 17:58.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Was the subject "Test <number>"? I've had a few today like that.
              Me too.

Comment

Maybe it's "them" in Cheltenham sending randomly worded test emails to see if these can be intercepted in transit

although that seems rather unlikely, as they'd presumably be discrete enough to use test recipient email addresses

edit: Or maybe it's random "chaff" widely disseminated by dodgy geezers attempting to conceal occasional coded emails of the same general appearance being sent to their real intended recipients and/or to blur the network linkage relationships that intelligence services try and build up.
                Last edited by OwlHoot; 13 November 2014, 18:25.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  I enjoyed using that until the novelty wore off.

I was later told that using it didn't serve any useful purpose, but can't remember the technical details.

There is a thread discussion exactly this here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0

One poster offered a way to resonate the functionality via Automator below. It works, but just how useful it is seems to be circumstantial given the discussion not he thread itself.

Edit.

Actually it doesn't, since it appears bounce has been removed from there applescript dictionary as well.
                  Last edited by DaveB; 13 November 2014, 19:14. Reason: It didn't work after all
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I didn't understand the one I got either:

I came across your Profile and read it with interest as we are searching for a Firmware Developer with Assembler that seem to match your skills. The details are as follows:

Project Start: immediate
                    Project Duration: Limited Permanent Role
                    Languages: English

Tasks:

§ Firmware development of semiconductor components using
                    § Assembler for protocol processing
                    § Maintain firmware development environment
                    § Support integration on FPGA and chip
                    § Progress reporting and documentation of deliverables

Skills:

§ Very good in Assembly
                    § Linux Android Development
                    § Firmware development for embedded systems
                    § Hardware development in simulation environments is advantageous
                    § Clearcase experience is a plus
                    § Chip or microcontroller knowhow is beneficial
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X