• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

job seeker allowance , 20k in bank account , 40k debt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Corporation Tax is not an outgoing, it is the repayment of money that you used that did not belong to you.
    Or put another way, money HMRC intends for itself. Either way, should be left to one side to avoid hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by junior contractor View Post
      20k may sound too much but i have crazy out going ( 1300£ corporation tax 800£ credit card and loan etc ) its only couple of month worth of expenses thats why im thinking applying for job seeker allowance before situation gets worse.

already down graded my house and on flat share and sold my car
      If £20k is only a couple of months, £72 a week isn't going to go far, is it?

If you need £10k a month just to keep your head above water, you should have a sufficient grasp of running a business to sustain that lifestyle.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

situation is i have 40k outstanding debt ( corporation tax 12k, loan,and credit cards)
        in my bank account i have 20k ( 15k borrowed from family and director loan from my limited company) which i have reserved for day to day living expenses and paying various debt installments.

question is will i qualify for job seeker allowance given above circumestances?

thank in advance
        Bull-Tulip of the highest order is my call?
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

20k may sound too much but i have crazy out going ( 1300£ corporation tax 800£ credit card and loan etc ) its only couple of month worth of expenses thats why im thinking applying for job seeker allowance before situation gets worse.

already down graded my house and on flat share and sold my car :(

1. Corporation tax is owed by your company who is a separate legal entity to yourself
          2. "credit card and loan etc" - What the hell does that mean? People can have multiple credit card debts and loans
          3. "already down graded my house and on flat share and sold my car" - more rubbish.

Anyway if you were telling the truth and not changing your story you have already been given advice.

Pay back the £5000 into the company, pay that money directly to HMRC, negotiate the rest of your debts and then sign on. Oh and make sure you pay your council tax as you don't want to end up in prison.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

psychocandy to thread, calling psychocandy to thread...

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Sniffs the air and pulls face in disgust.

Comment

Working...
              X