• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So...anybody ask for any of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    They are already claiming your mandate - if you join up, you at least get to contribute to the mandate that they are already claiming
    HTF did I miss that....

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      No, as I recall we had a brief exchange about scope creep in the context of what appeared to be the new rules around onshore and offshore umbrellas and what different people meant by the word "agency". If you were trying to say that it might also apply to a legal construct that doesn't yet exist, you will forgive me for not seeing the relevance. Had I done it would have been passed along the food chain, although without any supporting evidence it probably wouldn't have been taken that seriously.
      It had nothing to do with umbrellas. But that does explain why I wondered what on earth you were talking about as these are delayed (forthcoming) changes not ones that are already implemented....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        It had nothing to do with umbrellas. But that does explain why I wondered what on earth you were talking about as these are delayed (forthcoming) changes not ones that are already implemented....
        Well there you go, the combination of your "...agencies will be compelled to report all payments made and to whom..." and the then current debate about the scope of the new reporting rules to suppliers of manpower sort of went together. In hindsight, and the absence of any other detail, I still think my view was valid, but happy to be proved wrong.

The first illusion of communication is that it has occurred.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Well there you go, the combination of your "...agencies will be compelled to report all payments made and to whom..." and the then current debate about the scope of the new reporting rules to suppliers of manpower sort of went together. In hindsight, and the absence of any other detail, I still think my view was valid, but happy to be proved wrong.

The first illusion of communication is that it has occurred.
          When people ignore what is said and repeatedly give irrelevant replies most people give up, stop listening and give the information to others who may listen....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

When people ignore what is said and repeatedly give irrelevant replies most people give up, stop listening and give the information to others who may listen....
            Reasonable response especially in context.

I struggle to understand the attitude of the IPSE spokespeople on here, despite the fact they push membership at any opportunity their posting habits tend to arrogance, obfuscation and superiority which isn't a good lure for membership.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Reasonable response especially in context.

I struggle to understand the attitude of the IPSE spokespeople on here, despite the fact they push membership at any opportunity their posting habits tend to arrogance, obfuscation and superiority which isn't a good lure for membership.
              All of them? Or just me? It's not like there's a lot of choice, tbh.

Membership is a no brainer; even if you totally ignore the background work - which most of the membership do - there is no other comparable protection package out there and it didn't happen by mistake. I make no apologies for recommending it to anyone who is new to the business or who has only just discovered what they are facing.

As for arrogant, I object to being told I don't know what I'm talking about by people who clearly don't and, more importantly, don't want to listen.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Granted I've seen the next set of HMRC's changes (as the software is being written at the moment and HMRC are very big on Agile and so attend the monthly meetings I also attend).
                Any clues?

Comment

All of them? Or just me? It's not like there's a lot of choice, tbh.

Membership is a no brainer; even if you totally ignore the background work - which most of the membership do - there is no other comparable protection package out there and it didn't happen by mistake. I make no apologies for recommending it to anyone who is new to the business or who has only just discovered what they are facing.

As for arrogant, I object to being told I don't know what I'm talking about by people who clearly don't and, more importantly, don't want to listen.
                  Many of us have been actively recommending the virtues of PCG membership for years, including those of us who have issues with the new direction we seem to be heading in. It's not a slight on you personally and I think (IMHO) that IPSE should be posting on here in an official capacity rather than leaving it to the few CC members active or vocal enough to deliver the message.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    think (IMHO) that IPSE should be posting on here in an official capacity rather than leaving it to the few CC members active or vocal enough to deliver the message.
                    IPSE directors and cc members barely manage to post on their own forums - expecting them to post here is pushing it a bit.

The suggestion that they engage elsewhere has been made though in the not so distant past.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      IPSE directors and cc members barely manage to post on their own forums - expecting them to post here is pushing it a bit.

The suggestion that they engage elsewhere has been made though in the not so distant past.
                      Forums, for people who don't use them, probably seem pretty pointless.

And it is true that only a tiny percentage of their members can be reached through the forums.

Comment

Working...
                      X