• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Random dull video about nothing very much

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    That's me told. I'll get back to my sewing.
    Thats it don't worry your pretty little head about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      What if I do those things to make myself feel half decent, rather than for men specifically?

Or are you going to argue that I'm subconsciously doing it for men? Even if I'm gay?
      I don't think there's anything subconscious about it (whether it be for men or women - women can like other women's genitals too). It's just a case of not having thought about why you want to look good.

It might not be the case that you want to appear attractive in order to make other people attracted to you - perhaps you just want to look attractive to compete with other women for status; Hence wearing the frumpy jumpers and joggers at home, while dressing up in clothes & makeup which enhances your femininity as soon as you (at least almost everyone if not you) leave the house.

It matters not - because the root is ultimately the same, and participating is an endorsement.

Comment

To summarise:

Guy wears bad shirt on telly.

Some people comment that said shirt doesn't do much for the cause of encouraging women to get into science.

Some people go over the top and hurl personal insults at the wearer and call him nasty things.

Some people go into overdrive and label anyone who has expressed a negative opinion of the shirt as a man-hater or femi-nazi.

Death threats ensue.

Comment

SO, I'm confused -

You've gone from arguing that the shirt does not objectify women to arguing that it's OK that it does objectify women because some women wear heels and lippy.

So which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            SO, I'm confused -

You've gone from arguing that the shirt does not objectify women to arguing that it's OK that it does objectify women because some women wear heels and lippy.

So which is it?
            Its general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg1meK-IgOM
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The one thing that I've learnt from this thread is to not Google images for 'naked men shirts' with Frau D. sitting next to me
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                The one thing that I've learnt from this thread is to not Google images for 'naked men shirts' with Frau D. sitting next to me
                Not naked - scantily clad.

Comment

To summarise:

Guy wears bad shirt on telly.

Some people comment that said shirt doesn't do much for the cause of encouraging women to get into science.

Some people go over the top and hurl personal insults at the wearer and call him nasty things.

Some people go into overdrive and label anyone who has expressed a negative opinion of the shirt as a man-hater or femi-nazi.

Death threats ensue.

Welcome to your average Tuesday on the intarwebs
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You've gone from arguing that the shirt does not objectify women
                    Where? Any chance of a quote? Is this another one of your imaginary facts you invent [in order to feel victimized - or just troll]?

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                      Where? Any chance of a quote? Is this another one of your imaginary facts you invent [in order to feel victimized - or just troll]?
                      Ah, so you do think that the shirt objectifies women. Now we're getting somewhere.

Perhaps you could then answer my other question further up the thread:

Do you really not see that women who are in a working environment where there are pictures of that nature, may quite reasonably feel uncomfortable, or, if they see that an environment is like that, may feel it's not somewhere they want to work?

Comment

Working...
                      X