• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should fat people take responsibility for their weight?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I read somewhere the other day that our stomachs are ten times bigger than they need to be being a leftover from when we would feast on a wilderbeast once a week rather than eating regular meals several times a day as we do now. So I blame God.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty
      Doing what?
      I'm lucky if I burn 500 calories running an hour on the treadmill.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I wouldn't trust any of these calorie counters on gym equipment.

8 mile run in an hour will burn 900 - 1000 calories for most men.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I wouldn't trust any of these calorie counters on gym equipment.

8 mile run in an hour will burn 900 - 1000 calories for most men.
          13kmph?

I'd be wreck after 10 minutes of that. Sailing around 10-11kmph for an hour is my absolute limit, unless I want to truly knacker my knees. If you can run 5km in 23 minutes I salute you. That's professional running and then some. Curious what age are you?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm over 40.

I would like to think I could still break 20 mins for a 5k if I got to race weight.

Comment

Couch potato lifestyles could kill the welfare state, landmark report warns - Telegraph

If they aren't then the rest of us will be.

Other than people with uncommon genetic conditions, yes they ought to be.

Comment

Since I started doing exercise regularly - weights, walking and swimming - my weight hasn't reduced. But I look a lot thinner. I can't resist the temptation to eat chocolate. Fortunately, I can resist the temptation to buy it.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

10 mile run will take that off.
                  You'd never manage to run as far as 10 miles would you?

Comment

I have not been running for 8 weeks and have put on a stone.

It has been absolutely brilliant. Eating and drinking like Henry 8th.
                    Annoyingly, before I started doing exercise and being healthy, I was putting on something like 1 pound a month (based on knowing what I weighed 2 years previously) despite eating loads of junk, drinking, and barely leaving the house.

Now I have lost a stone and a bit and eat probably half the calories I did before, and exercise most days, I find that reverting to my old lifestyle for a week can put on 5lb! How is that possible - I thought the "body going into starvation mode" theory was bunk!
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Annoyingly, before I started doing exercise and being healthy, I was putting on something like 1 pound a month (based on knowing what I weighed 2 years previously) despite eating loads of junk, drinking, and barely leaving the house.

Now I have lost a stone and a bit and eat probably half the calories I did before, and exercise most days, I find that reverting to my old lifestyle for a week can put on 5lb! How is that possible - I thought the "body going into starvation mode" theory was bunk!
                      A pint of water weighs a pound.

cojak's weight doubles when she goes on the blob.....

Comment

Working...
                      X