• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euromillions £111m tonight.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, seeing as how odds of 1 in 11,653,180 are such obviously good odds, I decided to buy 10 tickets. After all, didn't Terry Pratchet say that 1 in a million chances happen nine times out of ten?

£7.80, would probably have been better off puting my twenty quid on a random longshort nag.

Thinking about it, I wonder how many people would buy a ticket if they quoted the probability of winning as 0.00000000858%. As someone pointed out previously, you really do have a vanishingly small chance of winning this game.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Even at London prices?
      You lucky girl he is taking you to Wetherspoons.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        Looks like another rollover, was actually £114M, I "won" £4.80 last night.
        Another????

Okay I'm in for another gamble. Just one more. The final one. Now's there's final hits and final hits, which kind is this to be?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If I win it I'll be able to afford to be the arsehole I've always wanted to be.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
            If I win it I'll be able to afford to be the arsehole I've always wanted to be.
            They say that money changes a person. But as you're already an arsehole I guess it doesn't matter in your case.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              They say that money changes a person. But as you're already an arsehole I guess it doesn't matter in your case.
              I may be an arsehole now but if I won I'd be an even bigger arsehole. A subject I hear you know a lot about.
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
              X