• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Clarkson - Take A Bow Sir!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Does anyone remember Top Gear before Clarkson et al took over? Was it a bit boring? I don't recall it being very funny.
    Yes me too, it wasn't funny, but it was about cars back then TBF....

Comment

Does anyone remember Top Gear before Clarkson et al took over? Was it a bit boring? I don't recall it being very funny.
      Originally posted by stek View Post
      Yes me too, it wasn't funny, but it was about cars back then TBF....
      Yeah, and nobody watched it.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Does anyone remember Noel Edmunds presenting it? No, me neither, but I do remember William Woodard.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Did anyone actually watch this? I quite enjoyed it. They certainly travel with a lot of crew and equipment - hard to sneak around unnoticed when there's a convoy of 40 landrovers etc hanging about.

Comment

Yes, I saw it. Their convoy has certainly grown over the past three or four years.

Comment

Top Gear sits in an odd place for me now - it used to be a real highlight of TV and I always looked forward to the series. Now they're moving into "meh" at best territory, but it's still one of the better shows on TV IMHO. That said, I think I've missed a few episodes from each of the last series.

Enjoyed the special - a little slow, but I'm quite happy to spend an hour looking at nice scenery and those lot messing about.

Comment

I'm not a big Top Gear fan but my kids pressure me into watching the specials. Thought this one was good. Actually all the specials I've seen are pretty good.

Isn't Clarkson getting fat and jowly now?

I don't like that he's the "leader" when he's such a cock-end.

Comment

I only watch the specials these days. This one rated as one of the more boring ones IMHO. But then it could just be that the pattern is getting boring. Perhaps because it seems more contrived than the other ones? Nothing really felt spontaneous this time.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    I only watch the specials these days. This one rated as one of the more boring ones IMHO. But then it could just be that the pattern is getting boring. Perhaps because it seems more contrived than the other ones? Nothing really felt spontaneous this time.
                    I did like Clarkson's new satnav and his interior brake light though

I still have half the second episode to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      Does anyone remember Noel Edmunds presenting it? No, me neither, but I do remember William Woodard.

Dunno whether William Woollard did a report on one but the image of an Austin Allegro just popped into my head.

I think maybe he did but back in his Tomorrow's World days
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X