• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like UKIP will do well in Clacton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the correct answer was to cover it then let the council decide.

pity he doesn't sign them.

I thought it was rather good highlighting one of the issues with immigration, then I'm a Banksy fan. I prefer it to getting into Tracey Emin's bed
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      The guy from the council summed it up, dammed if they do and dammed if they don't, but their view was if someone complains it has to be dealt with
      If you complain the council offices have white doors and this implies they don't like back people, would they paint the doors different colours?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Does that mean that Banksy thinks Clacton is a racist town or that UKIP is racist? Or was he just having some fun.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          If you complain the council offices have white doors and this implies they don't like back people, would they paint the doors different colours?
          probably

Comment

like when I was called racist for pointing out there are stereotypes about Jews
            Got similar once somewhere else when I mentioned that the huge influx of Eastern European Jews to the East End of London in the late 1800's, a group who refused to integrate, brought anti Semitism back to Britain. That this group was very, very different in attitude to British Jews who had integrated very well in the UK is a matter of historical reality but, no matter, any adverse criticism of any Jew, anywhere or at any time, makes you Hitler.

There can never be any debate on anything if people denounce all reality, no matter how well proven by fact, as racism, anti-Semitism etc. The silliest thing is that they appear to deny that any minorities can ever suffer from normal human failings like racism or they apply double standards. Minorities who never venture outside their own communities in the UK are part of our vibrant multicultural society but white British who prefer their own areas to stay white are xenophobes or little Englanders.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              And here in lies the problem.

People think if they complain then 'somebody' has to do 'something' - the phrase feck off is most underutilised imho.
              Good grief!

Take away the Banksy element and it's still racist graffiti, doesn't matter if it's satire or not, If he wants to make a satirical comment he shouldn't do it anonymously
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                No because that comparison is moronic!

There is no other way that the phrase "migrants go home" can be anything other than offensive
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Comment

Isn't the context of the phrase "Migrants go home" relevant? Or is it a bit like stating that stereotypes exist in racial and social groups which will always get you lynched in some groups?

I'm not a graffiti fan, but I do admit some of the recent Banksy stuff has appealed to me by merit of the messages and the actual artistic qualities displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      No because that comparison is moronic!

There is no other way that the phrase "migrants go home" can be anything other than offensive
                      didn't know you lived in Clacton, did they deal with your complaint in a timely manner?

I think a whoosh smilie is needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X