• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I was the victim of a racial attack last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really on topic but had to post again...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Never need a reason to post that, its always a winner!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I bet you were p1shed and went in shouting "2 world wars and 1 world cup".....

Seriously - does not sound good. I hope you go back tonight and report her to the boss. I don't think it was racial -more that she is ignorant and rude.

Or - tell her you will not report her to her boss for a BJ...

Comment

Just trying to get the summary...

- In the past someone has told you they understand you and you speak good German.
          - Last night someone else told you they didn't understand you and you didn't speak good German.

Because the second person isn't German, this constitutes a racial attack on you.

Is that right, or are there some more details yet to be added to the tale?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Just trying to get the summary...

- In the past someone has told you they understand you and you speak good German.
            - Last night someone else told you they didn't understand you and you didn't speak good German.

Because the second person isn't German, this constitutes a racial attack on you.

Is that right, or are there some more details yet to be added to the tale?
            That's basically it. I guess what is hard to convey was the sniffy attitude, being ignored for long spells despite desperately and strongly trying to get her attention.

It was definitely racist. No doubt in my mind.

And Mich wouldn't. Not in a million years.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              That's basically it. I guess what is hard to convey was the sniffy attitude, being ignored for long spells despite desperately and strongly trying to get her attention.

It was definitely racist. No doubt in my mind.

And Mich wouldn't. Not in a million years.
              S not really racist maybe she was having a bad day and thought you were a bit of a tool?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                S not really racist maybe she was having a bad day and thought you were a bit of a tool?
                Without the attack on my accent, my German speaking you would have a case.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Yeah. Was a bit. Sorry chaps.
                  Your avatar is highly "suited" to you
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

How have I never seen that before? Brilliant!
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X