• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

August 2014 Warmest on record, globally

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Who cares. I would be 137 by then.

I think buying a house in LLandudno (basically a flood plain) was a mistake. Snowdon would have been better.
    And on ex wife number 43, still paying back HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      The argument gets stripped to that because thats what made the headlines. BIG headlines
      and thats what he wanted.
      Where were the big headlines?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Where were the big headlines?
        who do you get to wipe your bum OG ?

try using your noggin. that thing that keeps your ears apart
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The thing is EO, you talk a lot of nonsense from time to time, so I usually find it helpful to get you to corroborate what you say, or before we know it it's 2028 and Manhattan is underwater. No offence intended, matey.

Anyway, a bit off topic, but I found this interesting:

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of 2007, when the American Association of Petroleum Geologists released a revised statement,[11] no scientific body of national or international standing rejected the findings of human-induced effects on climate change.
          It's a good job we have so many people here who know better.

Comment

That's a bit of a stretch.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I am glad to see that PJ is softening his position ^. I guess that makes him a 'luke warmer' rather than a catastrophist.

I wonder if he still believes in Hansens prediction that the West side would be under water by 2028 ? That would a bit of a catastrophe, wouldn't it ? 10 feet of water in 14 years.
              wow.
              What would be really interesting, EO, just to show how you like to play things with a straight bat, is if you could advise as to where you got the West side underwater by 2028 story from.

Comment

Anyway, a bit off topic, but I found this interesting:

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a good job we have so many people here who know better.
                no offence taken. But you are displaying a fair amount of naivety and ignorance here.
                no one has ever disputed that humans are affecting the climate, that the green house effect is real. Producing millions of journals that say the same is meaningless.

What the sceptics say is that the effect is so tiny its worth ignoring.

Most scientists would agree that if you peed into the ocean, sea levels would rise
                anyone with common sense would say, so what ?
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

no offence taken. But you are displaying a fair amount of naivety and ignorance here.
                  no one has ever disputed that humans are affecting the climate, that the green house effect is real. Producing millions of journals that say the same is meaningless.
                  So, EO, if I am the naive and ignorant one, how do you square:

no one has ever disputed that humans are affecting the climate, that the green house effect is real.
                  With:

Scientists questioning the accuracy of IPCC climate projections
                  Scientists arguing that global warming is primarily caused by natural processes
                  Scientists arguing that the cause of global warming is unknown
                  Scientists arguing that global warming will have few negative consequences
                  List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

What would be really interesting, EO, just to show how you like to play things with a straight bat, is if you could advise as to where you got the West side underwater by 2028 story from.
                    it was discussed in many places
                    try this one
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

it was discussed in many places
                      try this one
                      So do you believe that reflects Hansen's views or position?

Comment

Working...
                      X