• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was the Scotland vote rigged?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Scotland voted, and why - Lord Ashcroft Polls

This one gives the breakdown as 16-24 at 51% Yes but I'm sure I saw it somewhere else last night as 16-18 71% Yes. It may be somewhere on those attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post

This one gives the breakdown as 16-24 at 51% Yes but I'm sure I saw it somewhere else last night as 16-18 71% Yes. It may be somewhere on those attachments.
      That's about the non-exit poll, not the real results. I definitely saw a graph posted on CUK which showed breakdown by age-range... Unix was using it to blame the OAPs... but it didn't say how big each group of voters was, which is clearly important to know how much it skewed the result.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I think I've seen that figure before, but not how many voters were in that age range.

I think Salmond knew very well the young were much more pro-YES, it was taken as a given.
        I think it was something like 150,000 16-18s were elegible.

Comment

The 16-18 range was taken from a sample of just 14 people! See page 3 of here:

Lord Ashcroft Poll Data

Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            So by that argument, all children should have the vote.
            As long as they vote for Independence then, yes

They are old enough to get a job and pay tax so they should be able to influence who gets to set those taxes. No?

Comment

I think the Daily Mash has it nearer the mark:

Scotland to be Covered in Tinfoil

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                That's about the non-exit poll, not the real results. I definitely saw a graph posted on CUK which showed breakdown by age-range... Unix was using it to blame the OAPs... but it didn't say how big each group of voters was, which is clearly important to know how much it skewed the result.
                Sorry, don't have the answer to that. Glasgow have released the data for each constituency but Edinburgh is refusing to do it.

Comment

I cant really be arsed getting into all now the referendum is over but that poll had 2000 folk in it and something like 12 were in the 16-18 range. The results were not weighted and is about as robust as a chocolate fireguard. It's findings can be completely dismissed.

The way in which the yes campaign are using this now as gospel is laughable and again highlights their incredible superficial outlook on the world.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    The 16-18 range was taken from a sample of just 14 people! See page 3 of here:

Lord Ashcroft Poll Data

Classic!
                    He is a large Tory donor and opinion polls are his business. Most of the polls were carried out using around 1,000 people so if that was broken down into ages it probably didn't use many more 16-18s

Comment

He is a large Tory donor and opinion polls are his business. Most of the polls were carried out using around 1,000 people so if that was broken down into ages it probably didn't use many more 16-18s
                      Here goes:

Age Range - Sample

16-17 - 14
                      18-24 - 84
                      25-34 - 263
                      35-44 - 384
                      45-54 - 415
                      55-64 - 399
                      65+ - 488

Go on, admit you are wrong on this one. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X