• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was the Scotland vote rigged?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Here goes:

Age Range - Sample

16-17 - 14
    18-24 - 84
    25-34 - 263
    35-44 - 384
    45-54 - 415
    55-64 - 399
    65+ - 488

Go on, admit you are wrong on this one. ;-)
    Wrong about what? Someone asked a question and I answered with a link to the only data I've seen. I wasn't trying to make a point.

Comment

Here goes:

Age Range - Sample

16-17 - 14
      18-24 - 84
      25-34 - 263
      35-44 - 384
      45-54 - 415
      55-64 - 399
      65+ - 488

Now show it as a percentage of the people who voted in that range.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        Now show it as a percentage of the people who voted in that range.

HTH
        Did you want margins of error as well?

Comment

Here goes:

Age Range - Sample

16-17 - 14
          18-24 - 84
          25-34 - 263
          35-44 - 384
          45-54 - 415
          55-64 - 399
          65+ - 488

With a degree in Economics and Maths and a PhD in math modelling, all I can say is that the sampling here doesn't really add too much in the lower age ranges 16-24. 16-17, in particular, is highly spurious and would really require a much larger sample size.

If you think that you can draw any conclusions from these figures then you're really bonkers. You would really need a larger sample.

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
            With a degree in Economics and Maths and a PhD in math modelling, all I can say is that the sampling here doesn't really add too much in the lower age ranges 16-24. 16-17, in particular, is highly spurious and would really require a much larger sample size.

If you think that you can draw any conclusions from these figures then you're really bonkers. You would really need a larger sample.
            I can confirm this.

Comment

I spoke with a conservative friend of mine at the masonic hall today. I asked him about the vote being rigged and he just winked and said that it was all taken care of. I am left in no doubt now that the yes won and it was only the actions of him and his friends that has guaranteed the union's survival.

Comment

With a degree in Economics and Maths and a PhD in math modelling
                Helloo sas

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Helloo sas
                  Busted!

Comment

With a degree in Economics and Maths and a PhD in math modelling...

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                      So you have a better insight into extrapolating from the sample size of 16 to 17 year olds. Please share.

Comment

Working...
                      X